Worthless Mods - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Worthless Mods

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 04-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #46
chupacabrah
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJRockCrawler View Post
ox locker... could of saved some money with a detroit
Ox didn't work well for you?

Build Thread
jeep stuff
chupacabrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #47
tx_medic
1992 YJ Wrangler 

anything chrome

I miss my YJ
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #48
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

20" Rock Stars..
cqex46a.jpg  

Last edited by BackRoadJPin; 04-14-2010 at 07:19 PM..
BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #49
sprowley
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman286 View Post
I think a stainless steel kit is a perfectly good investment if half your s*** is broken and rusted already. I didn't put the kit I have on though... came with the deal.
agreed - any new part that won't rust in the future is... if possibly a low cost/benefit ratio, never "worthless"

97 TJ Sport black on black with MT/R Kevlars and lots of new parts coming!

Canon EOS-1D Mark III, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon EF 17-35/2.8L USM, Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX USM

My Fuelly page (fuel economy and usage tracking)
sprowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #50
BondoBbad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Down View Post
20" Rock Stars..
LMAO Sometimes When I'm looking at my Yj (which I do a lot because I love it so) I randomly think "man, I'm glad it doesn't look like that mexi-jeep on JF with the dubs and the ridiculous huge flares. Nothing personal against that guy but everytime he post a new pic of his jeep doing something "AWESOME" I throw up in my mouth a little.
BondoBbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #51
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Down View Post
20" Rock Stars..

x2

Brave man!
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #52
BondoBbad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
If your jeep came with tube bumpers I can see no reason to replace them. Changing from a round tube to a rectangular tube just because one "looks cool" might be the biggest poser mod ever.
You have obviously never tried to step up into a lifted vehicle with those garbage chrome tube steps when its raining. lol You will more than likely be walking with crutches for the following week
BondoBbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #53
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BondoBbad View Post
You have obviously never tried to step up into a lifted vehicle with those garbage chrome tube steps when its raining. lol You will more than likely be walking with crutches for the following week

I came close to ending up on my butt, grabbed the the oh crap handle on the way down and saved myself...
My foot twisted all up between the tube step and the body of the truck sprained my ankle that time around.

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 05:29 AM   #54
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJeeper View Post
I disagree with this. I dont mind scratches and minor body damage but i dont want my jeep to look ghetto. Sorry, i have more pride than that. And when it comes to things like armor and bumpers, there is nothing wrong with paying for a well engineered product built by people with a hell of alot more experience than me. I paid big bucks for my PS rocker guards but they have been worth every penny and the little things like metal in the right place for tieing in future mods like a cage and body mounts and other thinks are perfect. We wont even get into my bumpers. Theyve prevented so much carnage and a lot is due to their design. Im just not a great fab man or engineer. Im a geologist. I also like a decent looking vehicle.
HI MLJeeper,
I come down on your side of this discussion. I'm not a fabricator either. I don't know how to weld. Otherwise I do all my own work. Not only do I want my Jeep to look good, I take a great deal of pride in my work. I want it to look good, I want it to be highly functional, and I want it to be totally reliable. I am not afraid to spend real money when I think it will make my Jeep better. My Jeep has never stranded me. Yet, it always gets me to where I want to go.

For example, I'm ARB locked front and rear. Why? Because ARB lockers are the best out there. Expensive-yes. The body armor I have have saved my Jeep numerous times. Why? Because they are well designed and use great materials. Expensive-yes. My Howell fuel injection is the best upgrade I have installed. Expensive, well....yes. My Vanco hydraulic brake boost system makes my Jeep safe. I'm not going to run over any kids! None of these things, and many others, are cheap. But they work and are well worth the money. That's what counts.

I have seen work that I would not trust at all. And guess what? Those shabby jobs seem to always be the first to fail on the trail. For the most part the folks who design and market performance products are very good. Furthermore, they have worked out the kinks because of extensive user input. This is a huge advantage.

Don't get me wrong. I have also seen truly beautiful work done by non-professionals. But their attitude is the same as yours and mine-pride.

So, if some of you guys want to build junk, go for it. I just don't want to be on the trail with you. Experience tells me that the time you cost me with your breakdowns is not worth your company.

Generally, making money saving a top priority on a Jeep build is a fools game.

Sparky
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #55
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well dont get me wrong here guys, there is NOTHING wrong with fabbing your own stuff. Thats one of the things i love about jeeps is seeing the different ways people go about solving the same problems. I too have seen some amazing home fabbed stuff but these guys have usually been doing this stuff for awhile and they will be the first to tell you it isnt their first version LOL. I do all my work myself except for the armor. I bought all that and i dont regret it. Its worked flawlessly. All the stupid stuff ive done including being on my side a couple times and standing it up on its back end once (yes i **** myself) and all i have to show for it are scratches in the paint and a banged up (in more than one place) windshield frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #56
91YJRockCrawler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabrah View Post
Ox didn't work well for you?
no it works great just to much money, i could of saved $500 and had a full roll cage by now if i didnt go with a ox locker

Quote:
its mind over matter.. I donít mind and the sheet metal donít matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnBlake View Post
It's JF's very own little slice of Pirate :rofl:
91YJRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #57
73Dart
1989 YJ Wrangler 

A rebuild kit for a Carter BBD. Finally fixed that problem for good.

My motor swap thread
73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #58
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Seafoam.

Does nothing but remove money from your wallet.
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #59
digizure
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I plan to add rocker guards on my YJ and I was thinking of something simple like an angle iron cut into the right length. There is no welding needed and I will spray it black. It will be functional and it will look good. I do not think it is worth purchasing $300 rocker guards when it could cost me about $50.

M
digizure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #60
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by digizure View Post
I plan to add rocker guards on my YJ and I was thinking of something simple like an angle iron cut into the right length. There is no welding needed and I will spray it black. It will be functional and it will look good. I do not think it is worth purchasing $300 rocker guards when it could cost me about $50.

M
And you'll get exactly what you paid for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.