Worthless Mods - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Worthless Mods

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #31
matko25

haha floor liners or a carpet interior

matko25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #32
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

anything made, or sold with the Rough Country name on it
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #33
91YJRockCrawler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

ox locker... could of saved some money with a detroit

Quote:
its mind over matter.. I donít mind and the sheet metal donít matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnBlake View Post
It's JF's very own little slice of Pirate :rofl:
91YJRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #34
BlackRhino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
If your jeep came with tube bumpers I can see no reason to replace them. Changing from a round tube to a rectangular tube just because one "looks cool" might be the biggest poser mod ever.
Most tube bumpers are paper thin and crumple on the first tree or rock. If you have some thick walled DOM tube bumpers that's a different story.
Unread 04-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #35
warthog312
The Craigslist Crawler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

purchasing any kind of body armor. steel is cheap, all you have to do is weld it yourself or find a buddy that can weld. it don't have to be pretty, if any of us were concerned with looks we wouldn't have bought YJs!
warthog312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #36
warthog312
The Craigslist Crawler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

here's another; REPLACING THE CARPET. herc all the way!
Unread 04-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #37
Wheelman286
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
If your jeep came with tube bumpers I can see no reason to replace them. Changing from a round tube to a rectangular tube just because one "looks cool" might be the biggest poser mod ever.
Yeah I agree with that. Bumpers don't need to be replaced until they no longer serve their purpose or just look awful from being hit so much. If you need to put something on them... just fab it on there. Even if you pay someone to do all of it... it will probably still be cheaper than buying a whole new bumper system. I am more partial to round tubular bumpers anyways (as you can tell since my rig has them in some amount on all sides).

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthog312 View Post
here's another; REPLACING THE CARPET. herc all the way!
Agreed if it's more trail than road rig. If you on-road more than off-road like I do though, the sound deadening and insulating qualities of carpet is great. Also... I personally like driving with no shoes on in the summer and carpet is nice for that since I'm not big on that sandpaper pedicure on my feet or whatever shiny scratch-able items I may have in the passenger footwell.
Unread 04-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #38
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
purchasing any kind of body armor. steel is cheap, all you have to do is weld it yourself or find a buddy that can weld. it don't have to be pretty, if any of us were concerned with looks we wouldn't have bought YJs!
I disagree with this. I dont mind scratches and minor body damage but i dont want my jeep to look ghetto. Sorry, i have more pride than that. And when it comes to things like armor and bumpers, there is nothing wrong with paying for a well engineered product built by people with a hell of alot more experience than me. I paid big bucks for my PS rocker guards but they have been worth every penny and the little things like metal in the right place for tieing in future mods like a cage and body mounts and other thinks are perfect. We wont even get into my bumpers. Theyve prevented so much carnage and a lot is due to their design. Im just not a great fab man or engineer. Im a geologist. I also like a decent looking vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #39
thetrashman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have tube bumpers and steps. But, they were on there when I got and I'm ballin on a budget soooooo... they will stay there until I finish engine and suspension.
X2 exactly.

My Build Thread
thetrashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #40
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matko25 View Post
What is carpet doing inside a Jeep?

I was going to start this thread off with fuzzy dice, as that I have actually seen this a few times.

I may make a few people upset with this, it isn't necessarily a mod, but a package offered by Jeep at the time. The Renegade package.

I am by no means a professional. I know just enough to get myself into trouble.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #41
warthog312
The Craigslist Crawler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJeeper View Post
I disagree with this. I dont mind scratches and minor body damage but i dont want my jeep to look ghetto. Sorry, i have more pride than that. And when it comes to things like armor and bumpers, there is nothing wrong with paying for a well engineered product built by people with a hell of alot more experience than me. I paid big bucks for my PS rocker guards but they have been worth every penny and the little things like metal in the right place for tieing in future mods like a cage and body mounts and other thinks are perfect. We wont even get into my bumpers. Theyve prevented so much carnage and a lot is due to their design. Im just not a great fab man or engineer. Im a geologist. I also like a decent looking vehicle.
i guess i'm a bit biased because i'm a welder by trade

he's right though, done poorly, it can really take away from the way it looks, theres a difference between 'rugged and well armored' and 'haggard and cheap'
Unread 04-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #42
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
theres a difference between 'rugged and well armored' and 'haggard and cheap'
I like to think of mine as both.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #43
linusb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Posi-lock is not a worthless mod. It's a good option to fixing a failed vacuum actuated system. I do think the price is too high.
1994 YJ Wrangler, 4.0, AX15, NP231, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, 4" RC lift, 1" lift Boom Shackles, 1" BL, 4.10 gears, 8.8 LSD in rear and D30 Aussie Locker in front, on-board air conversion, Ramsey RE8000 winch.
linusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #44
ALCOHOLOCAUST
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matko25 View Post
i agree. although carpet might be nice in the winter??
Unread 04-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #45
minnbowhunter
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCOHOLOCAUST View Post
i agree. although carpet might be nice in the winter??
There is nothing worse in the winter than carpet that never dries out from the snow. No carpet.
I would add anything that is suposed to increase mileage. All those little gizmos are garbage.
minnbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.