wont start - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > wont start

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #16
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla89 View Post
I have a 89 YJ with a 93 Grand Cherokee 4.0 inline 6. It was running perfect the other day, now it wont start, the battery is brand new, the alternator is good. But there is no power getting pasted the starter solenoid on the firewall. I can not find the engine fuse box and I have looked everywhere in the jeep (not many places to hide it). This is my last effort before I take it to a shop and have them fix it. I'm open to any ideas
check for power at the solenoid. If there is power there then turn the key to start and check for power at the smaller wire. If you have power there then change the starter.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You can use a 4.0L block to replace the 4.2L but keep everything else. The block and upper end are very similar with a few mods to tweek a little more HP out of it. If that is the case you will have a carb not fuel injection and I agree, check the ICM-Ignition Coil Module.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical issue , help please , wont start

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.