wont restart after reaches temp - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > wont restart after reaches temp

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 04-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboardr311 View Post
just disconnected the cts started up but ran real rough. so im thinking its not that. i think im going in the complete wrong direction. now im thinking fuel problem. when i start it up it misses and the more fuel i give it the worse it gets. its progressively getting worse. i took it out at about 12 this afternoon and seemed fine ran like it normally does. now i have no clue
With these symptoms, you need to know what your fuel pressure is at the fuel rail in order to properly diagnose/rule out this. With a fuel pressure gauge attached to the schraeder valve on the fuel rail,.. at idle you should have 31psi. Then when you disconnect the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator (at the front end of the fuel rail), you should have 38 to 41 psi. Test this and report back. Most auto part stores have fuel pressure testers for sale or may even perform this test for free.

idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.