Wiring problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wiring problem

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
durrster1128
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Wiring problem

I have a 1992 Jeep Wrangler, my wiring harness was cut, i got another wiring harness however i have power to everything and starter, but starter will not turn over when using the key. the dash harness is from a jeep with automatic but mine is a manual. what can be wrong? I think it maybe the neutral/clutch safety switch however i do not know how to bypass it.

durrster1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
bharris68
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yes - very likely it's the Neutral/Park interlock for the Automagic.

Will this help at all? http://www.ehow.com/how_7657889_bypa...-cherokee.html you'd need to FIND the interlock wiring first, likely an empty plug by the Transmisson and then find the Factory Service Manual for the YEAR of the HARNESS you have. That will tell you what the voltage readings will be in either park or neutral.
bharris68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.