wire harness messed up at Fuse box? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > wire harness messed up at Fuse box?

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #46
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You might have solve the coil issue too. Lets see f it is stil hot with the key off not that you stopped the backfeeding.

Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #47
ad-man
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah maybe. When i got it all hooked up last night the parking brake light was staying on with the key off. It would turn off when i released the brake but was on all the time even with the key out. Then after dinner it went away some how. And the high beams work now also. I think that was just cleaning the connection there.
To much fun. I will put the fuse back in tonight and see if it stays running. Would be awesome to get this puppy on the road for once. Next i have to get a smog check on it so i can get some plates on it make it street legal.
ad-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #48
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

post back
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #49
ad-man
1989 XJ Cherokee 

So I got home and got to it. Tested it before I started it. 0.00, Started it 3.80 but it was bouncing a bit. By bouncing I mean that the reading was not steady. I was getting readings from 3.5 to 3.9. I turned off the engine and put in the fuse. Tested it again when it was off. 0.00, started the engine and had 3.20 also bouncing. So I went to try the TEST and see if it would turn off when the key was turned off. YES!!! It turned off. The brake light was off with the key off and everything else seems to be working just right.
So what the hell, lets go for a ride, Right?
Rolling along checking things out. Headlights are on and high beams come on and go off when they should. Back up to a wall to check the brake lights. They work right. Try the hazard lights. They are good. Try the turn signals. Work in the front, not in the back.Hummmm. Go a little farther and a few more corners. Turn signals still the same. Take it up a faster road to see some speed. Notice the speedometer is not working.But I remember breaking the housing on the cable when I was taking the dash apart. Guess I will have to go get a new one. Later. So I think I should see how the brakes work, get to 3rd and stomp on the brake pedal. Starts to slow down for a bit then BAMM, Right to the floor. Spring brings it up and I step on it again. Same, right to the floor. try the parking brake. Hey the light comes on for it and one wheel locks up, but at least I am slowing down. So I limp it home and Carefully in to the driveway so I don't crash the garage door. park it, block it. Try the lights again. Now the turn signals work in the rear, but its both of them no matter which way I say I am turning. Yep, its a JEEP.
Break out the light and I have a burst braded brake line on the right front.
SO GLAD I tried that before I needed it..
But still, Its closer to rolling now. I can at least leave the battery hooked up and charged. And most importantly, Out of the garage in on the driveway so I can have some room back.
Speedo cable can wait. Turn signals can wait, Who uses those anyway. Brakes need some attention. Got to have them working right before I take the kid and the dogs out for a ride in the washes.

Thanks Que89yj!!!
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #50
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

No problem. Post back pics of you and the kids enjoying the new ride. The 2 things I never compromise on are steering and brakes. That could have been bad news. At least you have the experience to downshift and use the ebrake.
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #51
ad-man
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, very glad i tried them. Went to a lonely road to do that for that reason. Should be able to get it fixed today i hope.
Thanks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.