Wipers won't go all the way down?? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wipers won't go all the way down??

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #31
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad92yj View Post
What could it be if the delay didnt work or they didnt park and the delay module has been replaced?
The motor itself.

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #32
gracemely
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I had the body of my '91 YJ completely refurbished during restoration a couple of years ago. I took the '91 YJ to a new inspector this morning. Now I'm in the same boat as Spetsnaztico was; my '91 YJ just failed inspection because the wipers weren't at the correct angle (out of driver's view).

At the body shop the windshield frame was replaced as part of the restoration. Unfortunately they took the wiper assembly apart for painting. Now the linkage is not installed correctly.

I remember reading somewhere that there's a screw or bolt or something that around the wiper motor that "shouldn't be removed" because the wipers would not park correctly.

The mechanic couldn't figure out why the wipers wouldn't park at the correct 45 degree angle so he just positioned the wiper arms so they would wipe the windshield but wouldn't wipe the body or go off the windshield. This means that the arms park at either an 80 or 70 degree angle.

Does anyone have a link or explain that bolt near the motor that the linkage is connected?

Thanks!

G

-|91YJ|-
-□|||||||□-

[]=o=[]
keep wavin'

Last edited by gracemely; 04-18-2010 at 10:36 AM..
gracemely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #33
medic503
1994 YJ Wrangler 

my wipers would not return to the original 45 degrees, they also had a terrible racket when operating. I lowered the windshield and found several pens and a pair of sunglasses from PO. after cleaning all the foreign objects out they worked fine. might be worth a shot to take a look.
medic503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #34
cubewhiz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My wipers used to go down all the way. Apparently the PO did not like the position of the wipers (see profile picture). I took them off and put them back on properly and I can actually clean the windshield in front of my face now.
--------
My new Jeep: 95 ZJ with 4.0L I6 (auto trans)
cubewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #35
Cappy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

So both of them should stop at 45 degrees? Like below? Cause thats how they were when I bought her.

Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #36
gracemely
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yea, Cappy. In my profile, is a photo of before the restoration where the wipers are in the same position as in your pic. Also in the profile is a picture of after the restore where the wipers are at the 70 degree angle.

The thing that might get some people is that, in my case, adjusting the wiper arms to the 45 degree angle only causes the wiper to go off the windshield as it does its thing.

-|91YJ|-
-□|||||||□-

[]=o=[]
keep wavin'

Last edited by gracemely; 04-18-2010 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: additional text
gracemely is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.