Wipers took a dump - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wipers took a dump

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
KBoltz
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wipers took a dump

And of course, when it is frickin raining. Great.

The two outer plastic nuts split as well. I have epoxied them for the time being. Can this be repaired without having to tilt the windshield? I have a bloody hard top on, so that will be a major biatch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And to think, Sunday I am going to replace all the u joints and the rear diff cover. One weekend off every four weeks, and the Heep takes the majority of the time.

Since I have to drive 20 miles to where I am replacing the u joints (which is warm and dry garage a friend is graciously allowing me to use) and it will be raining all weekend, I really need to get this fixed pronto.

KBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
KBoltz
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone know the part number off hand for the outer plastic nuts for the wiper assembly? The ones that hold the assembly to the windshield frame?
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
KBoltz
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It wouldn't matter - I checked with MOPAR online - Jeep discontinued that part.

Has anyone had the same problem? I would think as old as our YJ's are getting that this would be occurring more frequently.

I am going to try the good old hardware store and see if I cant find a regular nut and washer to fix this.
Unread 10-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
ads
1995 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.dontfearthejeeper.com/ should have it, though you would need to check with them for stocks.....
they have nice illustrations of all the parts so you can make sure you get the bits you need - but it seems the wiper pivot and body connection comes as a whole kit for about $54.

From trying to find the issues with my non-working wipers I think you'll have to drop the windscreen to get to it, but I may well be wrong
1995 YJ - mostly stock at current. 31" Procomp AT, rebuilt stock springs with added leaf (2.5" lift), OME shocks & stabiliser, 20gal tank mod, air box de-restricted, afe wet filter, soundbar, new distributor/rotor & stuff, TBS.
ads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
KBoltz
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just called them - they let the Jeep guy go, thanks economic turn down. No bueno on the part. I am going to rip the frame apart tomorrow - there goes replacing the u joints. They'll keep for another month.
Unread 10-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
KBoltz
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Fixed it - it seems when I installed the linkage for the assembly, I put the delrin bushing on backwards where the linkage hooks up to the motor assembly. Oops.

So, now I have wipers again - and replaced the steering stabilizer and the rear diff cover as well.

The sun actually came out today here in Vancouver. What a novel thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.