Wiper linkage bushing HELP!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wiper linkage bushing HELP!!!!!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 01-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
chileanguy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wiper linkage bushing HELP!!!!!

I am looking for the pictured plastic bushing that connects the motor to the drive arm. I can't seem to find this anywhere. Many thanks!

chileanguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
HayWrangler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You have two choices,

1. Buy a new arm including the bushing - about $40 if I recall correctly.

2. Go to autozone like I did and you will find a generic windshield wiper bushing selection in the "HELP" section. In the pack a couple of the bushings look very similar to the original bushing but need to be modified with a razor blade.

It took me two goes at it but so far so good I could not see paying the $40 odd dollars for a plastic bushing.

Regards
HayWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
mightybg
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Autozone or Oreilly's will have that in the pack I'm pretty sure if it is the same as the bushing at the wiper transmission on the passenger side and the arm to that side. the gray one that is on the ball joint on the drivers side wiper transmission is the one I could not find and had to buy a replacement linkage assembly form eBay to get. it is slightly bigger than the others.
mightybg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
hooks
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayWrangler
You have two choices,

1. Buy a new arm including the bushing - about $40 if I recall correctly.

2. Go to autozone like I did and you will find a generic windshield wiper bushing selection in the "HELP" section. In the pack a couple of the bushings look very similar to the original bushing but need to be modified with a razor blade.

It took me two goes at it but so far so good I could not see paying the $40 odd dollars for a plastic bushing.

Regards
Hey man I have a friend with a 1994 and having this same issue . He was wondering about modifying the washer and how to . This is old I c but thought maybe u cld shed some light

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
Blackhawk83
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I welded a lawnmower tierod end onto my linkage and did away with plastic bushings all togeather. It souds trashy, but it works awesome. Ill try to find a pic of it.
Blackhawk83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the ideas. I am in the same boat too.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
hooks
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk83
I welded a lawnmower tierod end onto my linkage and did away with plastic bushings all togeather. It souds trashy, but it works awesome. Ill try to find a pic of it.
Lol,awesome please do

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
Blackhawk83
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It has been to long I'm sure, but it may help someone.
image-3697601611.jpg

Blackhawk83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 11:41 PM   #9
dukeryder
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can't believe they don't sell a wear item part like this I'm not really understanding how that homemade job above functions...

I just replaced my windshield frame and I'm having a of a time trying to get my wipers to work and in the process of messing with the linkage I somehow got this bushing buggered up, instead of popping it off the ball I popped it out of the linkage and now it won't stay in the linkage arm. I also messed when I took the linkage out of the old frame by removing the nut off of the wiper motor arm. I did reinstall it in what I believe to be the correct orientation, but (before I buggered up the bushing) would have the linkage bind up when I bolted the motor tightly to the frame, if I had the motor loose the wipers would cycle. not really sure what the heck I need to do to get them working correctly...
dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2014, 04:18 AM   #10
clintlight27
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Like others have said I had luck with the generic pack of bushings from autozone. With ten minutes and a razor blade I was able to fab one up that works perfectly.
clintlight27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #11
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

The lack of this bushing goes back at least to the AMC days. I remember folks getting real cheesed about having to buy a 15 dollar part (price back in the day) just to get a 10 cent bushing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.