Windshield to tub weather strip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Windshield to tub weather strip

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've been leaking water for a while under the dash so I ordered and replaced the rubber gasket between the windshield and the tub. Thankfully the windshield torx came out easy and i got the windshield dropped quickly. No rust or issues at all... I remove the old and installed the new weather stripping (from q-tec) and pulled the windshield up after screwing the gasket in. Once the windshield was wrestled back into place and bolted back to the bars I noticed there is a bit of a lip on the new gasket. It sits close to the frame but not exactly flush. Almost as if I had to push it in even though its screwed into place... Do I need to drop it again and try to push it in? Or is this how it's supposed to be?

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Pictures of the affected area would help.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
Pictures of the affected area would help.
Yeah, I hadnt taken any but thought you guys would understand... Anyway, here goes. Disregard the peeling paint as I will be Monstalining the Jeep soon. The bonehead PO had some crappy gasket that didnt belong there and used some type of adhesive that I cant get off...

From a distance:

In this one, you can see how it sticks up on the bottom:

And in this one, you can see from the top how it juts out slightly...

And here is a glamour shot just because...

Like I said, its screwed in at all points and this just seems to be how it fits. Not sure how I would get it flush. Thoughts?

KCCO
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
jbrown73
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I had the same issue when I installed mine from Q-tec. I had to have my son help by pushing the gasket it as I pulled back the window. It didn't fully seat but it's a lot better. I'll take a pic shortly and post.

[QUOTE=Rproject;15815900]The only thing I can say is to close your eyes. Seriously. If you close your eyes and pay attention to your finger tips, you'll be able to feel the nuts better and manipulate them easier.[/QUOTE]
jbrown73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

A friend gave me one that was from q-tech and was meant for a CJ. It fit a lot better than the YJ one I bought which seemed way too thick.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
OldSkull75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just replaced mine too and its also like this. I havnt had any issues so far though. It seems to be sealed up nice and tight.
OldSkull75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkull75
I just replaced mine too and its also like this. I havnt had any issues so far though. It seems to be sealed up nice and tight.
Good to know. I just dropped the windshield again and can't get it to sit flush... the gasket is thick and I have no doubt it will seal... But aesthetically it just doesn't look good... Oh well I guess.

KCCO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.