Windshield replacement in Hudson valley NY - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Windshield replacement in Hudson valley NY

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 07-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Windshield replacement in Hudson valley NY

Well it never seems to end. My Heep is literally emptying my pockets! Here is a brief history and I am sure some of you can relate. I needed a new seat, got one. radiator blew got new one. then the water pump blew ( I know should have replaced that with the radiator) got a new one well I guess I forgot to hook the nose/hood clamps back on so at 55 MPH my hood pops open and smashes my wind shield! Since I made the repairs of the radiator and water pump I was only able to put 30 miles on and ow I am off the road again!! It seems as soon as get it road worthy it leaps out and punches me in the face. So basically I am looking the going rate or for a decent priced windshield place or if this is something I can do on my own?? I am also looking for a a new(to me) hood my recent repairs have dwindle my jeep funds so I am looking to trade 2 decent sahara front seats and rear all 3 in good shape and a ok looking drivers front fender
Thanks,
Bern

bernm8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Im pretty sure NY requires all insurance companies offer full replacement on windhsieldrfage it is called I believe. I would give your insurance a company a call and see. I know I never paid for one when I lived there for 20 years.....Might have been my IC though...
Mayfair_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

You are looking at about $200-225 installed if you go thru safelite. That is where i went. I also would check with your insurance.
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
bill8bud

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I paid a 157 to have a new windshield installed. I would call around if it is your dime. I had quotes as high as 375, and as low as 145. Make sure you get quality glass.
bill8bud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
$300xjwith250k
1991 YJ Wrangler 

im in pa and do auto glass for a glass shop and im n.g.a certified i will do the job for less then 150
$300xjwith250k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
Jeep Cherokee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Glass is usually covered by your insurance with no deductible.
Jeep Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you for all the responses. I did check with my insurance and well it is NOT covered I only have basic coverage. that does not include any glass. I have some leads I can get the glass for $80 and install it myself or have the guy do it for $65 ( he is a certified mechanic at a jeep dealership, just does side jobs for jeepers) I did get a quote from safelite auto glass at $225 still need a new hood the hood is bent pretty good and creased. I could bend it back but it will look like crap for a while. I am just recover from the last $500 bucks I spent on it in the last 2 weeks, man does this thing add up. I really do not want to make a list and see how much I have spent in the last 2 years.
Cheers,
Bern
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
ronfezz
1994 YJ Wrangler 

there is a jeep graveyard in kingston ny, looks like he has a couple of yjs there.
craigslist hudson valley auto parts jeep
ronfezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
Reverb
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hood here

parts here
Reverb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

$300XJwith250K has hooked me up and did a fantastic job Brian is superb glass tech and did a great job for me at my house. If you ever need glass work and in the Hudson Valley I would give him a shout. Thanks once again back on the road again woooo hooooooo!
Unread 07-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #11
intenseblu
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernm8r View Post
I really do not want to make a list and see how much I have spent in the last 2 years.
Cheers,
Bern
working on year 3 right now ... i have over 6000 on a list i've made ... and thats not including the wrangler itself. and the engine sounds like hell now so it looks like it needs a new one before it throws a rod.

jeep ... it doesn't stand for Just Empty Every Pocket because it seems to fit ... its really true
intenseblu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #12
drunkencitywork
1995 YJ Wrangler 

In chicago glass installed at ur home. they come to you for $135. watch craigslist for body parts. or maybe run with it and save up for cj front clip. i like my square but its an option. or tube it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.