Windshield replacement in Hudson valley NY - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Windshield replacement in Hudson valley NY

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Windshield replacement in Hudson valley NY

Well it never seems to end. My Heep is literally emptying my pockets! Here is a brief history and I am sure some of you can relate. I needed a new seat, got one. radiator blew got new one. then the water pump blew ( I know should have replaced that with the radiator) got a new one well I guess I forgot to hook the nose/hood clamps back on so at 55 MPH my hood pops open and smashes my wind shield! Since I made the repairs of the radiator and water pump I was only able to put 30 miles on and ow I am off the road again!! It seems as soon as get it road worthy it leaps out and punches me in the face. So basically I am looking the going rate or for a decent priced windshield place or if this is something I can do on my own?? I am also looking for a a new(to me) hood my recent repairs have dwindle my jeep funds so I am looking to trade 2 decent sahara front seats and rear all 3 in good shape and a ok looking drivers front fender
Thanks,
Bern

bernm8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Im pretty sure NY requires all insurance companies offer full replacement on windhsieldrfage it is called I believe. I would give your insurance a company a call and see. I know I never paid for one when I lived there for 20 years.....Might have been my IC though...
Mayfair_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

You are looking at about $200-225 installed if you go thru safelite. That is where i went. I also would check with your insurance.
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
bill8bud

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I paid a 157 to have a new windshield installed. I would call around if it is your dime. I had quotes as high as 375, and as low as 145. Make sure you get quality glass.
bill8bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
$300xjwith250k
1991 YJ Wrangler 

im in pa and do auto glass for a glass shop and im n.g.a certified i will do the job for less then 150
$300xjwith250k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Jeep Cherokee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Glass is usually covered by your insurance with no deductible.
Jeep Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you for all the responses. I did check with my insurance and well it is NOT covered I only have basic coverage. that does not include any glass. I have some leads I can get the glass for $80 and install it myself or have the guy do it for $65 ( he is a certified mechanic at a jeep dealership, just does side jobs for jeepers) I did get a quote from safelite auto glass at $225 still need a new hood the hood is bent pretty good and creased. I could bend it back but it will look like crap for a while. I am just recover from the last $500 bucks I spent on it in the last 2 weeks, man does this thing add up. I really do not want to make a list and see how much I have spent in the last 2 years.
Cheers,
Bern
Unread 07-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
ronfezz
1994 YJ Wrangler 

there is a jeep graveyard in kingston ny, looks like he has a couple of yjs there.
craigslist hudson valley auto parts jeep
ronfezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
Reverb
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hood here

parts here
Reverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
bernm8r
1990 YJ Wrangler 

$300XJwith250K has hooked me up and did a fantastic job Brian is superb glass tech and did a great job for me at my house. If you ever need glass work and in the Hudson Valley I would give him a shout. Thanks once again back on the road again woooo hooooooo!
Unread 07-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #11
intenseblu
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernm8r View Post
I really do not want to make a list and see how much I have spent in the last 2 years.
Cheers,
Bern
working on year 3 right now ... i have over 6000 on a list i've made ... and thats not including the wrangler itself. and the engine sounds like hell now so it looks like it needs a new one before it throws a rod.

jeep ... it doesn't stand for Just Empty Every Pocket because it seems to fit ... its really true
intenseblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #12
drunkencitywork
1995 YJ Wrangler 

In chicago glass installed at ur home. they come to you for $135. watch craigslist for body parts. or maybe run with it and save up for cj front clip. i like my square but its an option. or tube it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.