Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Windshield Quick Drop

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  HaskiE 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has come across any quick means of dropping the front windshield with a quick disconnect system. I've searched the internet with no success. I use my jeep to drive daily and also to shoot squirrels, so dropping the windshield seems to be a common occurrence. The stock bolts obviously are taking a beating and I've thought about switching them to a hardened bolt, but a quick release would be ideal. Any ideas? Any products out there? Help is appreciated.

#5 ·
I use these and drop my windshield all the time! just leave the roll-bar spreader bars at home :thumbsup:

remember to buckle it down to the hood... ask me how I know...

#10 ·
here's a shot of the knob installed on a CJ - I actualy dont have any pics of mine lol, I'll take some tonight

#15 ·
I've got the RockHard4x4 sports cage (good investment if you have the windshield down often and daily drive it)

I swapped the stock bolts for grade-8 head head and only leave one on each corner in.

A ratchet with a 1/2" socket and 4 bolts and it's down!

#19 ·
Nice!

Hey I know you!

You moved to Texas?? :thumbsup:

Wow I really am a newb. I had no idea the spreaders even came off. I feel dumb
We've all been there! :thumbsup: :cheers:

#20 ·
Thanks for the ideas! I'll get the CJ knobs on order, but I'm still up in the air about the roll bar spreader bar. I was thinking about sectioning out a 6" piece near the windshield bracket and sleeve it with a larger (on the outside) 12" tube. Then using the same CJ knobs, drill and tap, and then I would have my quick disconnect for the spreaders. Anyone done this? I use those bars to attach my bimini top when driving around daily because it's easy to take off and put on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.