Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Windshield Mounting Daylighters Upside-down

993 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BamaJeeper 
#1 ·
Ok...I dont know if it'll work and damnit if it does someone here's prolly done it. Want to know if anyone has mounted daylighters on the windshield brackets upside-down. I am a shoter guy and blocking more of my GREAT visibility in my YJ really isnt appealing. Let me know if you've done it or got pics.

#2 ·
i don't think it will work, because: 1. the lights are too big. if you could find something smaller it might work. 2. the direction of the beam would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in front of you, almost pointed upward. you wouldn't be able to get the correct direction for your lights due to the hood being right there.
i think that's why they mount them as high as they do...
just my $.02

#3 ·
It will not work. The lights will be uselessly pointing to the sky unless you weld on some more steel to place the bolt holes farther out from the bracket. But then the light might not fit between the bracket and the cowl.
If your jeep is white, the glare from the hood will blind you when the lights are on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.