winch guys help.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > winch guys help....

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 12-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

winch guys help....

What kind of winch mounting plate are you guys with this kind of bumper using?

Thanks

obsessedjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
xxxflhrci

What kind of bumper is that? It certainly looks like it would be in the way when comes to winching at any kind of angle.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

its the smittybilt rock crawler. it probly would get in the way, but when i got it i wasnt thinkin about winches cuz i was a
but i dont really care about paint on it so i would just let the cable rub on it lol
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Cobra Jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I made my own winch plate.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i-got-tired-over-priced-winch-mounts-454757/

'79 Cherokee Chief, 401 MPFI fuel injection, T-18/D-20 and hydroboost. Otherwise stock.
Future mods: NV4500, NP205, high pinion D60 front and smooth bottom D60 rear, e-lockers front & rear. SOA with 35X12.50's
Cobra Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #5
cruz 45
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Harbor freight sold me universal mount for 40.00 .
I also have the same bumper you have and winched at different angles with no problems .
cruz 45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Smittybuilt makes a winch plate for that bumper, Check 4WD

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I love that bumper. I have that and the rear matching one with the tire carrier arriving Tuesday. Merry Christmas to me!

I called andasked if the HF winnch plate would work, they said no problem at all.
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #8
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

thanks for all the help guys. Jeepguy, i couldnt find a winch plate by smittybilt on 4wd
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Sorry for the mislead. Talked to my buddy just now (has the same bumper) and he said he was using a MileMarker plate. Thought it was a Smitty one...
His fits perfectly.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #10
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

thats alright. do you by some chance know if the milemarker plate fits more than just milemarker winches? thanks for the help
Unread 12-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #11
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

also, how can you order the harbor freight plate? i found it but i dont see how to order it. there is no store near me so i cant send it to one.
Unread 12-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #12
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessedjeeper
its the smittybilt rock crawler. it probly would get in the way, but when i got it i wasnt thinkin about winches cuz i was a
but i dont really care about paint on it so i would just let the cable rub on it lol
I would be more concerned about my cable/rope than the paint, were it me...
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #13
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

The Milemarker plate and the HF one are the same. (Same winch too, just re-branded)

HF will ship. Keep digging through the checkout and at the end it'll ask for shipping address and calc the shipping costs.

BTW, great looking rig.
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #14
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatboy
I would be more concerned about my cable/rope than the paint, were it me...
so would i. i was just makin a bad joke lol

richmond, thanks man. i found 2 sites for harbor freight. on one i found the plate with no way of ordering it, and on the other you can order stuff, but i cant find the plate??? im so confused
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #15
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessedjeeper
so would i. i was just makin a bad joke lol
Aw, man, you got me...and my mouth was open, too...
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.