Will this work for E-Brake hookup? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Will this work for E-Brake hookup?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
whiskeywiz
Heineken?
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Will this work for E-Brake hookup?

I hacked and tossed all the old e brake cables, thought anything I needed would come with the new ones. Well they did not come with a bracket to join them all together. After fearfully putting off working on the e brake cables for about a week, I'm starting to grasp how they go together once I got my hands dirty, but before this I never did any work on any parking brakes out of all my vehicles. If they didn't work I just let em rot off. I went to Napa and bought a bracket since it was cheap, but I don't think it's the right one for me. So I cut up this piece of channel. Does this look about right? Do I need any certain angles or anything? Can I use this or is it something I should just order? Like I said, no e brake experience, so any tips/suggestions appreciated.

unset-2izih6xe.jpg

unset-5njimzq0.jpg

unset-drt91q5n.jpg

unset-fz1vnaqi.jpg

unset-p0yge2gg.jpg

whiskeywiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That looks great!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
whiskeywiz
Heineken?
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, but I found an exact replacement for cheap, so bought it up. Thanks Bong Holyeo for the link.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...mp%3Bvxp%3Dmtr
braketensioner042.jpg  
whiskeywiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.