JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   Will this work to cut down for my sye driveshaft? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/will-work-cut-down-my-sye-driveshaft-1465386/)

skiandgolf 01-18-2013 08:14 AM

Will this work to cut down for my sye driveshaft?
 
1 Attachment(s)
It's listed as a 2004 Grand Cherokee shaft. Will it work to have cut down for my sye shaft? If so, what else will I need to make it work? Not going to put it in with my d35, but want to have it for my 8.8 upgrade.

SeanB95YJ 01-18-2013 08:23 AM

should work just fine

jokerchief462 01-18-2013 08:49 AM

Nice find will be just fine

PA_YJ19 01-18-2013 08:56 AM

Yes it'll work but ur gona Piss sum WJ owners off if they see it. The ujoint style shafts r hard to come by off the wj's, I have a friend that's been looking for one for like half a year haha. He'd prob kill for that shaft so he can use his 4wd again, they come with a shaft that doesn't have ujoints for the most part n wj owners who r lifted all go around looking for them. U may b able to sell it n make sum coin but I don't no what u paid for it in the first place.

Anticanman 01-18-2013 09:54 AM

Given that the ujoints are the same size and it mates to your SYE, it'll be just fine.

CRASHNDENT 01-18-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiandgolf (Post 14810063)
It's listed as a 2004 Grand Cherokee shaft. Will it work to have cut down for my sye shaft? If so, what else will I need to make it work? Not going to put it in with my d35, but want to have it for my 8.8 upgrade.

If you don't mind, what's the length on that from front U-joint to the back U-joint?

04WJny 01-18-2013 04:54 PM

Any clue on the wall thickness of the driveshaft tube? I think the ones from manual tranny XJs are .120 wall

Maybe ill steal the one off my WJ for my YJ build :D

skyj 01-18-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04WJny (Post 14812515)
Any clue on the wall thickness of the driveshaft tube? I think the ones from manual tranny XJs are .120 wall

Maybe ill steal the one off my WJ for my YJ build :D

The grand Cherokees are some odd ball size od smaller than xj. I had one I was going to use for my front shaft and the shop told me it was odd sized and would have to special order it and it was going to be $$$$$ so I went and pulled another XJ shaft from the jy. Not all WJ have that kind of shaft.

skiandgolf 01-23-2013 01:56 PM

So is anyone actually running one of these? Did you run into problems trying to get it shortened?
Thanks in advance for any help.

skyj 01-23-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiandgolf (Post 14840423)
So is anyone actually running one of these? Did you run into problems trying to get it shortened?
Thanks in advance for any help.

I run a XJ shaft which is basically the same thing just bigger diameter tube. No problem getting it shortened as long as you have a competent guy balancing it you should have no problems


The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.