will a new motor help my love life? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > will a new motor help my love life?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

will a new motor help my love life?

i bought an ax15 to put behind my 2.5. the 2.5 has been rebuilt except for camshaft and bearings. the kit to fit the ax15 costs $442 the inline 4liter with 150,000 miles costs $300.

it has a lifter tick in no 6. are there any propeller blades im walking into? im not too worried about the swap but don't know much about the motors longevity or reliability. any input will be appreciated.

riverhippy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

It's a jeep. You're always trading one problem for another predicament. Personally, I would rather have potential than a dead end street especially if you're already subconsciously going to do it anyway. I mean, c'mon. You know you wanted the 4.0 from the beginning!

Also you should factor in the sale of the 2.5 into the equation because those numbers are all that matter when the job is done. At least to the bikini clad vixen in your profile.
Unread 10-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
It's a jeep. You're always trading one problem for another predicament. Personally, I would rather have potential than a dead end street especially if you're already subconsciously going to do it anyway. I mean, c'mon. You know you wanted the 4.0 from the beginning!

Also you should factor in the sale of the 2.5 into the equation because those numbers are all that matter when the job is done. At least to the bikini clad vixen in your profile.
ill have to tell my girl shes a "vixen"...haha. the vixen really does dress the jeep up nicely.
Unread 10-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

On any engine that I ever bought, I always insist on seeing or hearing it run first, in person if I can. Otherwise itsa just a pile of parts to me. Unless I know the seller personally real good.

That said, it could be easier way to go for your AX15 swap. The motor swap does require a lot of attention to details (wiring) and weld new engine mounts.
Unread 10-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1991YJ View Post
On any engine that I ever bought, I always insist on seeing or hearing it run first, in person if I can. Otherwise itsa just a pile of parts to me. Unless I know the seller personally real good.

That said, it could be easier way to go for your AX15 swap. The motor swap does require a lot of attention to details (wiring) and weld new engine mounts.
welding new engine mounts?
Unread 10-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverhippy View Post
The 6-cyl has them in a different spot on the frame - farther forward. Which means cutting them off the frame and re-welding them in the right spot for the new motor.
Unread 10-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I say go big or go home when it comes to my Jeep. I personally would get the 4.0L and see what happens. Actually I would get both. and mate the ax-15 to the 4.0L. It's 300 bucks you would loose out on with the 4.0 if it goes south. It will probably be good enough to last you though. I've seen some crazy sounding Jeeps that keep on chugging. Literally. Plus you can sell you 2.5 for lets say 200. A 4.0L for $100. Sounds good to me.

A lot of work ahead tho, especially if things go wrong. But I would do as stated. Just to get more out of the old girl when things get dirty.

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ill have to tell my girl shes a "vixen"...haha. the vixen really does dress the jeep up nicely.
Female fox. Just a friendly compliment.
Unread 10-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1991YJ View Post
The 6-cyl has them in a different spot on the frame - farther forward. Which means cutting them off the frame and re-welding them in the right spot for the new motor.
Quote:
Female fox. Just a friendly compliment.
ok....im jumpin off...gonna start a new thread for the motoswap

Tags
boobs , bouncy , girls , motor replacement , rod knock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.