Will I regret getting 4" RC lift? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Will I regret getting 4" RC lift?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJeep Tweaks at JeepHutSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 05-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #16
xaran
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a RC 4" kit , installed in Nov 2010 has over 5000 miles on it now with a lot of desert type off road (creek beds and fire roads). Im very happy with it so far , no sag and the jeep rides and handles better that it did with the original springs and shocks.

I also dealt with Ryan at RC for a few other parts and a concern I had when I first installed the kit (lf front was 1/4 -1/2 inch taller, but settled in to correct height in a week) and he was excellent with his service.

I have not had to use the warranty but it supposed to be "lifetime" to the original buyer so I trust in that.

There have been a lot of threads about this and the last I saw had a poll in it and there were many more satisfied with RC than not. I do agree that if you are a serious off roader (rocks etc) the extra $ on a BDS or OME is probably worth it but IMO I suspect that for most it is over kill as most jeeps rarely ever see any serious off road and the lifts are for looks only.

1995 YJ, 2.5 l, 4:88 R&P
4" RC Lift, 1" BL, 32-11.5-15 tires
8000 lb HF Winch
xaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #17
Alex95YJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input everybody, I guess I might as well shell out the extra green up front. Rather do it right the first time, even if RC replace springs if they sag don't want to have to keep changing them out. It's hard to make a decision when another 500 or so is involved, just have to explain to my wife that it's a necissity. HaHa
Alex95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
Meep97
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have a RC 4", Installed it in Aug. It's not a bad lift but the ride is pretty bumpy. Not to bad if your Jeep is heavy though. I will be buying some Bilsteins in the future to smooth it out. But overall I am pleased with it.
Meep97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #19
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

going the cheap route tends to cost more in the long run.
Unread 05-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #20
JED1003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Like someone already said, call around some local BDS dealers before you pull the trigger. I got my kit a couple hundred dollars cheaper than I could find it online. It ended up being only around $100 more than the RC kit and well worth it IMHO.
JED1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #21
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for the input everybody, I guess I might as well shell out the extra green up front. Rather do it right the first time, even if RC replace springs if they sag don't want to have to keep changing them out. It's hard to make a decision when another 500 or so is involved, just have to explain to my wife that it's a necissity. HaHa
You are a wise man
Unread 05-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #22
Alex95YJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

One more question, with the military wrap springs, i'll need 1" inch shackles to clear the springs, right?
Alex95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #23
scifone
Learns the hard way

1995 YJ Wrangler 

You will need at least a 5/8" shackle for the spring to clear in the rear.
scifone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #24
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I am in agreement with most on here that rough country is a lift to avoid, but there are mid line lifts that are good as well and cost somewhere between the RC and the BDS. I have no doubt that BDS springs are all they are cracked up to be. I know of not a single person who does not love their BDS kit. Also, with RE out of the picture, they are the undisputed heavy weight champ i would imagine. SHAME that RE is gone, I loved my RE lift, but i digress. Anyway, i got a superlift 3.5 lift on the cheap and have been very impressed with it. It does not have the silky smooth ride the REs did but the performance otherwise has been nothing short of excellent. They also offer heavier rate springs for rigs with heavy equipment at no extra charge, simply ask for the heavy rate springs. Just keep in mind if you dont have heavy items it will ride like a tank. Black Diamond makes a decent mid line lift and skyjackers do well to as far as I know. Im not knocking BDS, just realize there are a lot of quality lifts out there. RC just isnt one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #25
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Rubicon express will be back and selling products as soon as August. Weather it will be the same quality remains to be seen.
Unread 05-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #26
JeepMeGusta
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My RC lift sags a little in the rear, but it is still a good lift. I recommend not buying the shocks it comes with. I have done a lot of difficult trails with this lift and it has performed perfectly. My friend has a pro-comp lift and his shock mount busted off last week. So I guess I just depends on how you drive. Of corse it isnt the best quality lift, but if you dont mind a rough ride, they are pretty good for the price.(I also dont think they will last forever either. I will have to get another lift sometime)
CH_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
i have a rc 4" lift so far its pretty leveled, no sags, rides good on hwy, but around town on bumpy roads you swear that your riding a wagon. its a rough ride but oh well ill deal with it.
JeepMeGusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #27
pushead

Get a 10% discount from BDS here with free shipping to your local dealer.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/b...count-1179829/
Unread 05-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #28
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i have a rc 4" lift so far its pretty leveled, no sags, rides good on hwy, but around town on bumpy roads you swear that your riding a wagon. its a rough ride but oh well ill deal with it.
Unread 05-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #29
ncreptile
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here is the "What do you think of RC Lifts" poll on the forum.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/p...ience-1151199/
Unread 05-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #30
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That poll says almost 1 in 5 people regret buying RC. I would save my money for something better.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.