will I fit 31's with a 1" BL? - JeepForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 07-20-2004, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
CB4
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: House Springs, MO
Posts: 47
will I fit 31's with a 1" BL?

will my 1990 YJ fit 31" tires with just a 1" body lift?

If not will a little fender trimming do the trick?

CB4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 07-20-2004, 05:48 PM
ScotZ
American to the Bone
 
ScotZ's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,127
31" tire will fit with no lift at all. I have them on a 1990 Islander. No worries. Hope this helps Scot

At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
ScotZ is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 07-20-2004, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
CB4
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: House Springs, MO
Posts: 47
are you using stock backspacing?
CB4 is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 Old 07-20-2004, 06:00 PM
hmk_21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 325
with my 15 year old sagged springs... (89 YJ) no...
i fyou want to trim then anything can fit

89 Yellow YJ Islander 4.2L *decal free*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hmk_21 is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 07-20-2004, 06:05 PM
alilredjeep
Registered User
 
alilredjeep's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Opp, Alabama
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-tatik
will my 1990 YJ fit 31" tires with just a 1" body lift?

If not will a little fender trimming do the trick?

Here is a recent pic of my 92 YJ with a new set of 31X10.5 on a set of 15X8 wheels with 3.75 BS.
They rub the flares a little but the rub marks only show about a half inch rub mark so far and my suspension is completely stock.

alilredjeep


Eddie
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #92

'92 WRANGLER, 2.5 Litre, 5 Speed, Rag Top, Superwinch LP8500, Cepek 130W Driving Lights, 31x10.50/AT with no lift, Of course! It rubs!
alilredjeep is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 07-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Rynxprs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 194
My suspension is completely stock as well. And here are pics of my 31's w/ 15x8 rims. I don't know the backspacing though.



You can see where the front fender is trimed alittle bit for clearence. But other then that...no rubbing.

1993 XJ - 4.0, Auto, 3" RE Lift, AR 15x8 Diamond Back Rims, 32" Kuhmo MTs, CRB Front Bumper, CRB Rear bumper w/Tire Carrier, Surco Roof Rack, New Floor Boards :)
Rynxprs is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 07-20-2004, 07:30 PM
BigSafari
Registered User
 
BigSafari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 88
If you're going for a budget lift, do a 1" body lift and the 1.25" shackle lift. It works just great with 31's. The shackle lift isn't necessary to clear them, but it supplies a little more room for very little money. Total lift would be a little over 2" and it should only cost about $125-$150. Hope this helps!
BigSafari is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 07-20-2004, 08:06 PM
hmk_21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynxprs
My suspension is completely stock as well. And here are pics of my 31's w/ 15x8 rims. I don't know the backspacing though.



You can see where the front fender is trimed alittle bit for clearence. But other then that...no rubbing.
to each their own.. and im noone to judge other than personal preference.. but IMO looks tacky..

altho the blue is hot
also liking the light bezels.. whered you find em?

89 Yellow YJ Islander 4.2L *decal free*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hmk_21 is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 07-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Rynxprs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmk_21
to each their own.. and im noone to judge other than personal preference.. but IMO looks tacky..

altho the blue is hot
also liking the light bezels.. whered you find em?

What looks tacky?? The cutting of the fenders?

If so I agree...I didnt' do it. I bought it that way.

I plan on getting the Bushwacker Fender Flares eventually.

But between...tires/rims, lift, and them...I can only do so much.

I've already put close to $1000 into just getting the damn thing on the road.

The light bezels I bought off of Ebay.
Mine are Black.

These are Carbon Fiber...but they probably have Black too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

1993 XJ - 4.0, Auto, 3" RE Lift, AR 15x8 Diamond Back Rims, 32" Kuhmo MTs, CRB Front Bumper, CRB Rear bumper w/Tire Carrier, Surco Roof Rack, New Floor Boards :)
Rynxprs is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 07-21-2004, 10:10 AM
hmk_21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynxprs
What looks tacky?? The cutting of the fenders?

If so I agree...I didnt' do it. I bought it that way.

I plan on getting the Bushwacker Fender Flares eventually.

But between...tires/rims, lift, and them...I can only do so much.

I've already put close to $1000 into just getting the damn thing on the road.

The light bezels I bought off of Ebay.
Mine are Black.

These are Carbon Fiber...but they probably have Black too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
thanks for the link, ill keep my eye open for a set of black ones

altho its not lower than mine used to be... it comes across as a lowrider in that picture as it has no person comparison hehe...

no worries

89 Yellow YJ Islander 4.2L *decal free*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hmk_21 is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 07-21-2004, 10:10 AM
BeatAChevy289
Registered User
 
BeatAChevy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Posts: 649
I like 31's myself. You can use them with almost no lift and it looks good and you can use them with up to a 3" lift like mine and it doesn't look funny. (Go over 3" of lift and it might). Here's mine. Later <><

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...9/632012_2.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...9/632012_1.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...012_3_full.jpg

1995 Firebird Formula, 6-speed, LT1 V8, t-tops, open exhaust. **In the For Sale section***
1966 Ford Mustang, Hi-Po 289 V8, 4:11's, I dare you to race me.
<><

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(different from the other link)
BeatAChevy289 is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 07-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Rynxprs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmk_21
thanks for the link, ill keep my eye open for a set of black ones

altho its not lower than mine used to be... it comes across as a lowrider in that picture as it has no person comparison hehe...

no worries

oh you were talking about the ride height...yea it's stock and it does look lower in that pic.

I want to get the BL and Shackles soon.....I'm sure it would look alot nicer then until I can get the lift and larger tires.

1993 XJ - 4.0, Auto, 3" RE Lift, AR 15x8 Diamond Back Rims, 32" Kuhmo MTs, CRB Front Bumper, CRB Rear bumper w/Tire Carrier, Surco Roof Rack, New Floor Boards :)
Rynxprs is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 07-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Rynxprs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAChevy289
I like 31's myself. You can use them with almost no lift and it looks good and you can use them with up to a 3" lift like mine and it doesn't look funny. (Go over 3" of lift and it might). Here's mine. Later <><

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...9/632012_2.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...9/632012_1.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...012_3_full.jpg

That's very good looking!!

1993 XJ - 4.0, Auto, 3" RE Lift, AR 15x8 Diamond Back Rims, 32" Kuhmo MTs, CRB Front Bumper, CRB Rear bumper w/Tire Carrier, Surco Roof Rack, New Floor Boards :)
Rynxprs is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 07-21-2004, 10:50 AM
BeatAChevy289
Registered User
 
BeatAChevy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Posts: 649
Thank You.

Thanks! It doesnt rub at all either. I used to have 32's under it and I think they rubbed a little bit when flexing. I like the 31's a lot better. If you want to see some more pictures of it check out my cardomain site. Here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/632012 Later <><

1995 Firebird Formula, 6-speed, LT1 V8, t-tops, open exhaust. **In the For Sale section***
1966 Ford Mustang, Hi-Po 289 V8, 4:11's, I dare you to race me.
<><

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(different from the other link)
BeatAChevy289 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
31's on a 4" jepmn03 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 4 09-14-2009 03:01 PM
4" on 31's? ScottJ83 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 14 07-10-2007 10:04 PM
31's w/ 3.5" RE thismust TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 05-21-2007 03:17 PM
OME 2.5" too much for 31's ImaginaryFriend TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 12 03-31-2006 01:16 PM
1.5" + 31's=? JSJEEP YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 1 08-27-2004 12:24 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome