Will an Early CJ5 tailgate work in the YJ tailgate opening? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Will an Early CJ5 tailgate work in the YJ tailgate opening?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Will an Early CJ5 tailgate work in the YJ tailgate opening?

In morphing my YJ into a "CJ9", I was looking in Q-tec, and got an idea, if it would work. I'm looking into doing the CJ tailgate, but, had a thought, what about the early CJ5 tailgates with the "Willy's" stamped on them? I'm talking about the late '50's-early 60's CJ's. The main question is, how much dimensionally do these early tailgates differ from the later CJ's? Not sure how many, if any, have done this. Thanks!

Jerry

Unread 02-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Ctskip
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Why Jeep ever did away with the tailgate is beyond me. Please do a write up should you take on this swap. And don't forget to do pictures. Cant have to many of them. Good luck.
Ctskip
Ctskip is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.