Wierd Fuse Issue...HELP. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wierd Fuse Issue...HELP.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair1997 - 2001 Jeep Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 11-28-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
blakkbelt

Wierd Fuse Issue...HELP.

ok, i have absolutely no idea what is going on. there are four fuses that came w/ the computer when i did my swap (4.3vortec). i had some (and to some extent still do) alernator issues...it kept on blowing one of the four fuses. w/ some tape, i fixed that problem...mostly. one of the other fuses keeps on blowing.....i think it's related to the ignition. as soon as i turn it on, it blows...but the effect is wierd. it sounds like it's about to stall out when it idles...either just sitting still or when i come to a stop. while driving w/ the rpm's around 2.5-3k it runs pretty good...just a little sluggish...but i think it'll stall if i don't keep the rpm's up a little. i traced one end of the fuse wire as a direct 12v power...the tag listed all 4 ends of the 4 fuses as direct power or something like that. as for the other end of the wire, i have no idea. if anyone has any idea of what is going on w/ my jeep, please let me know. thanks.

35x12.50 trxus mt's
tj flares, targa hardtop
RE 4.5 ex duty lift kit
blakkbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
NYWheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

What kind of harness do you have? Is it a factory GM harness or is it an aftermarket harness?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.