Why is this my daily driver! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Why is this my daily driver!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
heyitslou
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Why is this my daily driver!

Frustrated jeep owner beware...Ok here's the deal drove the jeep.last night no issues this morning (late for a meeting) jumped in the jeep and found that the clutch has no pressure checked the fluid and its empty. I know that the 87 has an.internal slave which means dropping the transmission (again! Just had it done to replace the flywheel). I'm hoping its the master cylinder leaking this may be a stupid question but how can I tell. if the master is bad?

heyitslou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hi, welcome to the club! You just found one of the best jeep sites anywhere.

You can tell if the master is leaking by looking up behind the dash, on the vertical part of the firewall. If its leaking, then there will be fluid running down, or a wet spot.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

In addition to what oldtime_ironman has stated, make sure all the hydraulic lines are in good shape and that the connections are goodntight. You can also check for any fluid dripping from the bellhousing.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
heyitslou
1987 YJ Wrangler 

How many hydraulic lines are there and where do they run to.and from?
heyitslou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
91BoD
1991 YJ Wrangler 

There is 1 and it runs from master to slave.
91BoD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

There is also the bleed line from the slave. Make sure there isn't any fluid escaping from there as well.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.