Who's Got the 8.8 Installed Already? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Who's Got the 8.8 Installed Already?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-24-2002, 08:58 PM   #1
YJNotDone

Who's Got the 8.8 Installed Already?

Just wondering if this installation would lower your lift in the rear on a spring under axle configuration due to the larger diameter axle tube.

Unread 04-25-2002, 08:06 AM   #2
V8wrangler_idaho

hummm I didn't notice a difrence on mine when i did the convertion on my axles. If it dose change it would only be by a 1/4 inch. it all depends on how tall the spring pearches are on the axle. If the spring pearches are taller then it could effect that but I don't really think that it change the amount of lift at all

93 wrangler 8 inch SOA SRS suspention lift 35/12.50 Mt. efi 350 700r4 tranny np 205 t case dana 44s front and rear. lots of extras.
V8wrangler_idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2002, 09:30 AM   #3
dreid33

Good article on the 8.8 swap if you have not seen it.

<a href="http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/axle/Ford8.8/97.html" target="_blank">http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/axle/Ford8.8/97.html</a>

Thanks!
dreid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2002, 09:51 AM   #4
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Man I cant wait to get mine!!!!
04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.