Who sells the best clutch slave cylinder??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Who sells the best clutch slave cylinder???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
peejpeej
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Who sells the best clutch slave cylinder???

1991 YJ with 4.0 and 5 speed. I have installed two of the internal black plastic ones from Auto Zone in 12 months. The second one just took a dump and fluid running out of bell housing and no clutch pedal at all. I just don't want to put another one of the same brand back in there. Any suggestions of a better quality one?

peejpeej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Luk brand is a fav

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
peejpeej
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Luk brand is a fav

Thanks Siva. Just ordered one from Carolina Clutch
peejpeej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Np

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

For future reference, the prebled master/slave combos are a favorite of mine. Napa has them for a decent price.
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
For future reference, the prebled master/slave combos are a favorite of mine. Napa has them for a decent price.
I have never seen prebled master/internal slave units

Unread 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
Fuzzy_Wuzzy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

OEM... If my new slave last as long as the old one, i would be quite happy. They are not cheap, but how many more times do you want to pull your transmission...

Or my real advice, swap to an external slave, that is what i did when mine went out.
Fuzzy_Wuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I would convert to external slave and never worry about it again.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
I have never seen prebled master/internal slave units

Exactly.
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
yjdude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yep, go with LUK. very happy with mine
yjdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
x2

I got mine from 4wd.com, a little pricey but worth every penny, and has never leaked. *knock on wood* (I believe they are only for external slave setups tho)

if you're gonna bother pulling the trans, it's worth it to do the external slave cyl upgrade, that way the next time it leaks, the trans doesnt have to come out.

when I did it I just got a whole trans out of a manual cherokee on CL for like $200. and swapped the parts onto my trans (unknown if the cherokee trans is good, still on the shelf )
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.