Who makes USA parts? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Who makes USA parts?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #16
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The Eastern water pump was suppose to be made in the USA.

When I picked it up in little print on the box "Made in China." Expensive water pump too.

pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #17
BIGBADWOLF
2004 WJ 

Good luck with that. With Food stamps and government aid who wants to work in a old smelly factory. The Chinese can and do build quality,it is the bean counters in the U.S. that spec out CHEAP to the Chinese. They will build to whatever specs we give them because there is a market for cheap stuff.
BIGBADWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
140mower
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The Chinese can and do build quality,it is the bean counters in the U.S. that spec out CHEAP to the Chinese. They will build to whatever specs we give them because there is a market for cheap stuff.
Agreed, it's sad but true, every time we complain about the cost of something someone else finds a way to trim a few corners and produce a cheaper piece of crap. Walmart is a shining example of peddling cheap junk on the unsuspecting while sending jobs over seas. Vicious cycle we have going here.
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 140mower View Post
Agreed, it's sad but true, every time we complain about the cost of something someone else finds a way to trim a few corners and produce a cheaper piece of crap. Walmart is a shining example of peddling cheap junk on the unsuspecting while sending jobs over seas. Vicious cycle we have going here.
Same with NAPA auto parts. All Chinese junk!
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #20
140mower
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Another of my pet peeves is trying to find the parts to rebuild things ourselves, used to be you could walk into a parts store and buy brushes, Bendix, or what ever else needed to rebuild the starter, alternator or what ever. Now they just want you to buy a new car so you can accessorize it with some cheap off shore junk. Seems they aren't planning for folks like us where the '89 YJ is the new car in my fleet, the wife's is newer, but it's only mine to maintain. , so I don't count it against myself.
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #21
Joe100
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hi! All Just put anew Temperature sending unit on my 89 YJ Borg Warner Made in the USA. It works but had to modify the brass hx was mushroomed from MFG. Couldn't get a Metric or standard socket on it, had to file the side of the hex down to get a socket 1/2" Snap-On on to it to install. Just p----es me off that the US dosent care enough to make things right. It's the "good enough for who it's for" attitude people have today. Joe100
Joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.