Whining noise when driving - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Whining noise when driving

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
deathstar
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Whining noise when driving

I know that this is going to sound wierd but whenever I give it gas it sounds like a whirring/whining noise when I let off it whines but skips and whines at the same time like neh neh neeehhhhhh. Sorry if this sounds funny but Im not mechanically inclined with cars and trucks. Thanks in advance.

deathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
4x4JB
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Could be a number of things. Could be alternator or some sort of vacuum leak. I had loose exaust manifold bolts that made it whine. Try and pin point it to a location. Open your hood with the engine running and give it gas by turning the lever your cable links to on your throttle body(it's the thing that goes from your gas pedal to the engine). Once you pin point the location people can help you a little more. Check all your fluids(power steering mainly) also.

Last edited by 4x4JB; 02-21-2012 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Damn iPhone auto correct....
4x4JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
deathstar
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Will do but it sounds like its coming from the back would low oil in the differential cause it
deathstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.