Wheres your fog lights? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-28-2005, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
SpedJeep

Wheres your fog lights?

Somehow I ended up smashing one of my KC lenses out (bulbs still is good though) and just was looking at the way I have my lights setup...and I just dont like them so low. They're on the bumper right before the end caps are (or were in mycase). Pretty much stock fog light location. I was thinking about putting them on a light hoop over my winch. I'd like to put them on the windshield hinges but seeing how the jeep already has water leaking problems I'm not sure those would work out well. Where does the wiring route on the windshield mounts? Where does everyone else have theres?

1995 Wangler Sahara 4.0 5spd
Accurate power intake with K/N
Borla header
Flowmaster Super 40 minus cat
RE 4in
Xenon flares
SYE
Tom Wood driveshaft
33X12.5 BF mudders
8,000lb winch
KC Daylighters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-28-2005, 06:11 PM
kaffeene

I have 4 lights on a lightbar but the wire can be routed in the same place.

I just ran the wire between a small space near the windsheild frame. It goes in between that and the door and it doesn't pinch the wire either. But for safty and of course so I don't have to look at the 10awg red wire I used 1/4" black wire loom. So I brought it between the top corner of the door (below the little vent window) where it meets the bottom of the windshield frame and then inside.

I don't have pics cause I have no digital camera.

12' JKU Rubicon
post #3 of 10 Old 03-28-2005, 08:33 PM
virtuaillusion
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I actually just installed a set of kc's in a tj on the windshield mounts we pulled off the -=-=-=-=ty covering that came on the wires from the factory and than wrapped it in elctrical tape and in the indentation between the windshield and the body and in without pinching them.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-28-2005, 08:51 PM
xeon

I got 2 pairs of hella 500s
Daytime:

ON:

Hope this helps out. My bumper is just a home made 1/4 steel bumper

88YJ, 350TBI, 700R4, Atlas 4.3, HP60, 14B (At a mall near you)
Tri-State (NJ-NY-PA) 4x4 Wheeling Group
post #5 of 10 Old 03-29-2005, 04:37 AM
ginsy

if you managed to bust out a lens on the bumper mount then im not so sure you want to have them on the windsheild hinges. I run mine on my bumper, but on the windsheild hinge branches and other such stuff could do the damage aswell.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-29-2005, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
SpedJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsy
if you managed to bust out a lens on the bumper mount then im not so sure you want to have them on the windsheild hinges. I run mine on my bumper, but on the windsheild hinge branches and other such stuff could do the damage aswell.
yes this is true but I'd still like to get the lights up a bit

1995 Wangler Sahara 4.0 5spd
Accurate power intake with K/N
Borla header
Flowmaster Super 40 minus cat
RE 4in
Xenon flares
SYE
Tom Wood driveshaft
33X12.5 BF mudders
8,000lb winch
KC Daylighters
post #7 of 10 Old 03-29-2005, 04:47 PM
ex-toyota

i just mounted 6" procomp lights on the windshield hinge, made my own brackets out of 1.5" wide metal, its got a couple curves in it ( hard to explain, it curves down, than over the hinge, and finnaly perpindicular to the ground) i did that cuz i wanted them to sit lower, so i wouldnt be looking at the back of the light the whole time, yea not much to do about the wiring, i did the same thing everyone else did with the gap between the door and windshield

93 I6 YJ, 1.5 shackle lift, 31x10.50 bfg ats, homemade intake kit with a k&n filter-it definitely helps out, hopefully soont to go soa, with 33's, joining the arm this summer 05, its gonna be nice to have all this money saved up, im thinkin soa, sye, tom woods shaft, like to get 35s, new bumpers, winch, im gonna love my jeep
post #8 of 10 Old 03-29-2005, 05:49 PM
YJMCBoy

2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a 1992 Renegade, and the lights are actually mounted in the spaces in the front in the fenders. They're only cheap wal-mart fogs, but they work killer, and I have yet to smash them, and I've been trying for a while. -Alex (P.S.- sorry for the bad pic, but i thought it might help the horrible description.) [IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep 001.jpg  

2010 JK 4-Door Unlimited Sport- Soft top, V6, 6-speed standard, bone stock for now
post #9 of 10 Old 03-29-2005, 06:02 PM
blowsox13

why does your sig say you have hellas then?

'92 Wrangler Sahara
4.0 6 cyl
2 hella 500's is all for now
GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #117

Under 18 Jeep club member #11

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-30-2005, 06:20 PM
YJMCBoy

2010 JK Wrangler 

had hellas mounted on the bumper, like the ones that this topic is about, but they got smashed by a tough(er than expected) limb in my way. Haven't updated the sig since. Sorry, I'll get right on that.

2010 JK 4-Door Unlimited Sport- Soft top, V6, 6-speed standard, bone stock for now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.