Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Where to put gauges?

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Michaelgoesrawr 
#1 ·
So,

I am going to add a few aftermarket gauges to my YJ and I want to know where you guys have put yours, and I will keep the stock gauges in the center of the dash, so replacing those isn't an option right now. Pictures of your guys install would be awesome.

Thanks

Avery

#10 ·
Although the gauges the OP wants to add may be worthless, let's help him out with his original question. In a YJ there are only a very few places with out redesigning the dash. The only places I can think of would be under the dash. in the radio hole (because we all know the radio is worthless in a jeep lol!), transform the glove compartment, if you have a roll cage you could fab something for above the rear view mirror (another worthless piece when you have a 33 or larger tire hanging out back there haha!)

That's all I got. Now back to the regularly schedule you don't need it Thread!:rolleyes:

#12 ·
Although the gauges the OP wants to add may be worthless, let's help him out with his original question. In a YJ there are only a very few places with out redesigning the dash. The only places I can think of would be under the dash. in the radio hole (because we all know the radio is worthless in a jeep lol!), transform the glove compartment, if you have a roll cage you could fab something for above the rear view mirror (another worthless piece when you have a 33 or larger tire hanging out back there haha!)

That's all I got. Now back to the regularly schedule you don't need it Thread!:rolleyes:
There are companies that offer pods that mount on the windshield frame I think.

#17 ·
It's near impossible to change anyones mind here, too much mental inertia. You especially can not expect a warm reception to 'why bother' as an answer to someone's 'how can I' question. It doesn't stop people from trying though, me included. They are your Jeeps guys, add as many or few gauges as you can afford. :cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.