WHere is the power distribution center? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > WHere is the power distribution center?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
rocknroller89

WHere is the power distribution center?

I bought this 1990 Jeep Wrangler just last week and it has an aftermarket steering wheel in it, without a horn. Needless to say I got pulled over and need to install a horn ASAP. I dont know where the wire is so I could put a switch on it. I have one of those Haynes guides but it doesnt mention the horn wiring at all in the diagrams The only time it does its the horn relay coming out of the power distribution center. Several people have said its the same thing as the fuse box, but there is not fuse for it in the box. So where is this elusive power distribution center or is it the fuse box? If it the fuse box could you direct me to a diagram or picture of the fuse box because I dont have an owners manual either. Thanks

Last edited by rocknroller89; 06-16-2009 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: not complete
rocknroller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The Haynes manual should show you ...I think it is in front of the bat..........

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
rocknroller89

What is the bat?
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The battery

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
rocknroller89

Ok Ive looked and the wire that is supposed to run to it run into some connector that has a bunch of lil wires running out of it and ending up going into the cab so I think it has been rewired
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
evilwaysYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

the power distribution center should be the fuse panel under the dash. at least thats my thought
93 yj 4.0 with 4:10's rolling on 33 12.5 15 BFG a/t's
evilwaysYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
rocknroller89

ok im hoping thats it but i cant find the fuse for the horn and i cant follow the wire from the horn into the cab and I have to get the tool to take the retainer cap off the steering column would it just be easier to run a new wire from the battery to a switch then to the horn
Unread 06-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #8
Castr8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That bidgol' wire running down to that post with a bunch a little wires runnin' out of it IS your Power Distribution Center. Later models got a fancy fuse/relay box up by the battery. Those funny lookin' wires with the black "rubber" splices on'em are fusible links. If memory serves me right, the terminal they are all attached to is the starter relay, which activates the starter solenoid. Good luck with the horn.
Castr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #9
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

1990 YJs do not have an actual "power distribution center" like 1991 and recent models do.

Us 90s and older have 'fusible links' as the preceeding posts mention.

Your only fuses that are in any sort of order are under the dash and there will be a couple relays between your battery and chassis.

A haynes manual will explain how fusible links work and can be repaired.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.