where is my temp sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > where is my temp sensor

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
felix1234567890

where is my temp sensor

I recently took my 90 yj and installed a brand new motorcraft carb. now i am not getting any reading from my temperature gauge. both sensors on the side of the intake manifold are in good shape still but the sensor on top of the manifold right in front of the carb was broken. i looked online to find a replacement but could only find the temp sensor on the side of the manifold, not on top. Is the broken sensor my problem and what is it. Where can i find a replacement.. trying to upload a photo

felix1234567890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

It is installed vertically in the head, driver side near firewall
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome t JeepForum, you've just found one of the best jeep sites anywhere!

Far as I know jeep uses 2 temp sensors, one for the engine and the other for the gauge. The sensor for the gauge should be near the back of the head on the driver's side, right near where the manifold bolts on. Purple wire on it if I recall correctly. You might also check to see the gauges have a good ground, bad grounds a very common prob. Hope that helps!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.