Where is the fuel pump relay on a 1993 yj - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Where is the fuel pump relay on a 1993 yj

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-18-2008, 09:26 PM   #16
wildman90
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
wildman when can i using your pics? just hang on to my coattails as long as you want!

it is really hard to tell whats wrong without a gauge.
i tried uploading some pics of the jeep, but the files are too large large. i photo everything at max sizeand save as raw and jpeg. i could not find anything on the computer to resize. i think i have a picture manager in microsoft office. i am now going to try again. if you see a pic under my name soon--it worked.

wildman90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 09:45 PM   #17
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

speaking of pics , i got your wedding pic you e-mailed me, congradulations!
i hope you dont mind me sharing with the rest here on jf
wedding-pic.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #18
wildman90
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
speaking of pics , i got your wedding pic you e-mailed me, congradulations!
i hope you dont mind me sharing with the rest here on jf

haha--very funny! actually i just started seeing someone who could be the future mrs. time will tell. i keep jumping back and forth between her im's a JF. ireally enjoy helping people--i sleep very well knowing that i helped someone.

i just realized that i need to upgrade my membership in order have the avatar. i can post pics in a response (i think??) nope! do i need to have them in photobucket or webshots? can i have them on my computer?

the only thing you cannot do, is that which you have already accepted defeat!

many people search for god in the eleventh hour, only to die at 10:30
wildman90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #19
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

if i download pics to my computer from my wifes camera, they wont work for the forum. to many mega pixels i guess? if i use my cheapo 1 meg camera it works fine. i wish i was more computer savvy
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 12-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #20
crzylgzz
2011 JK Wrangler 

Wow, Big squat... where were you 2 weeks ago with those pics lol.

tween you and me, we can display the enitre jeep infrastructure.

ZJman, if all that fails, then maybe your ECM did go bad.. in which case, find my posting where i fixed mine, and invest like 3 hours for that project.

PS. pics are also posted for your viewing pleasure.

PSS. Hey Big Squat. clean your engine lol, its a mess in there, especially the Power dist. center. WOW..

Happy jeepin guys.....
crzylgzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2008, 02:59 AM   #21
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzylgzz View Post
Wow, Big squat... where were you 2 weeks ago with those pics lol.

tween you and me, we can display the enitre jeep infrastructure.

ZJman, if all that fails, then maybe your ECM did go bad.. in which case, find my posting where i fixed mine, and invest like 3 hours for that project.

PS. pics are also posted for your viewing pleasure.

PSS. Hey Big Squat. clean your engine lol, its a mess in there, especially the Power dist. center. WOW..

Happy jeepin guys.....
yes its pretty dirty. i have to drive down a 2 mile dirt road to get to my house, so its hard to keep the jeep clean.
Unread 12-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #22
crzylgzz
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
if i download pics to my computer from my wifes camera, they wont work for the forum. to many mega pixels i guess? if i use my cheapo 1 meg camera it works fine. i wish i was more computer savvy
Photobucket works just fine for me , I use my phone, and or a 5.0mp camera to snap pics and to document what have ya....
crzylgzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #23
96zjman
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Its the fuel pump guys, thanks for all your help
96zjman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #24
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96zjman View Post
Its the fuel pump guys, thanks for all your help
glad you found the problem!

did u do a pressure test or just try a new fuel pump?
Unread 12-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #25
96zjman
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I took it in too get it fixed lol no pressure at the fuel rail
96zjman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #26
pbmustache
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman90 View Post
it sounds as tho the ecu is not telling the injectors to fire. whenyou took the lines off at the front of the engine, did ALOT of fuel come out or just a little. as previuosly mentioned, the pressure should be 31 to 39 psi, vac line on and off respectively. it will not runwith low pressure (10psi=no go). also, when you turn the key off, the pressure should hold at 30psi. it should not bleed down within 1/2 hour or so. if it does, thenyou have issues with either the regulator or the check valve in the pump.

mine does not hold pressure and is long on start time.

do you have a repair manual--pressure gauge?

bigsquat--thanks for the pics!!!
Seems like I'm having a similar issue with my 1993 4.0 6cyl. The jeep dosent want to start in the morning after it has sat overnight and the fuel pump/sending unit dosen't sound like its turning on. It starts fine later in the day when it gets warmer out. How long should the pressure hold at 30psi @wildman90 ?
pbmustache is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #27
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Pbmustache you should post up to a new thread for your issue. This one is really old. The answer to your question is it should stay above 20 psi for at least 20 minutes.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.