Where can I find these jeep parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Where can I find these jeep parts?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Nathanfrabott

Where can I find these jeep parts?

So I just get a 1989 Jeep Wrangler YJ, but it didn't come with doors or a hard top. I will be driving this to Oklahoma from where I am right now, Las Vegas, and i want to get Hard doors(red preferably), and a hard top(black). I was hoping to find them used, and within the budget of $1200 for both the doors and the top. The problem is ive been looking around everywhere online, junkyards, craigslist, eBay, amazon, everywhere and i cant really find any used full doors or tops. The only place ive had luck is on eBay, but im a little skeptical about buying from bay, as $500 for a decent condition hard top seems a little sketchy. But is there a reason they don't sell these parts on like JC Whitney, or amazon? and where can I have a better chance of finding these parts in vegas? anyone know any jeep shops? I am very new to the jeep scene so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Nathanfrabott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
dcocch
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Your best bet is Craigslist. You're not going to find a cheap hardtop online because it'll cost a ton to ship it.
dcocch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

There is a jeep junkyard near Dallas that has that stuff but it will take your whole 1200 for them.

Even on craiglist, you might spend that much for some. You can also use cj7 doors and top, in case you find some for a good deal

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction". --I am not sure who said this but it properly describes our president.
superj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

the way I got my first set (doors and top) was buy an entire jeep... then resell the jeep for what ever I could get for it. After the flip I had 50 bucks in the doors and top.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
There is a jeep junkyard near Dallas that has that stuff but it will take your whole 1200 for them.

Even on craiglist, you might spend that much for some. You can also use cj7 doors and top, in case you find some for a good deal
Hell, you'd be lucky to get anything from Collins bros for that. Their parts are infused with gold apparently..

Used to piss me off when I loved in North TX. Anything Jeep was astronomically priced due to those yahoos.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
chschs
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm selling a YJ hard top in Orange County right now. It's sorta close to Vegas (4 hour drive).

It's tan and missing the rear window and most of the mounting hardware, but that can be fixed with some paint and junkyard/quadratec items. It's been hard moving this thing on craigslist!
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Go to the Nevada page and use the for sale or chat thread. We have a small group there that can help you out.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
Cashcrazy

I think I might see what kind of deal chschs would give you! Or I would check local craigslist and find the local jeep club forums. They usually have a classified section also. You could also check the major cities on craigslist on your route from LV to OK. I bet you can find some decent deals with that distance.
Cashcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
chschs
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashcrazy View Post
I think I might see what kind of deal chschs would give you! Or I would check local craigslist and find the local jeep club forums. They usually have a classified section also. You could also check the major cities on craigslist on your route from LV to OK. I bet you can find some decent deals with that distance.
I originally joined the forum to see if I could sell the top, but I'm still working on my 25 posts!

Hope I'm not breaking any rules.

It's funny, I've always heard hard tops are highly desirable, and I never see them going for less than a grand, but man, you try selling one!!!
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #10
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chschs View Post
I originally joined the forum to see if I could sell the top, but I'm still working on my 25 posts!

Hope I'm not breaking any rules.

It's funny, I've always heard hard tops are highly desirable, and I never see them going for less than a grand, but man, you try selling one!!!
TJ tops used to go for a grand all day long, not as much anymore. A good YJ factory hard top is worth about 500 in my area, that's one that requires no work, ~200-300 for one with minor cracks, missing glass.

I bought an aftermarket hard top in AZ last year for just over 100.

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
HoofHarted
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chschs View Post
I'm selling a YJ hard top in Orange County right now. It's sorta close to Vegas (4 hour drive).

It's tan and missing the rear window and most of the mounting hardware, but that can be fixed with some paint and junkyard/quadratec items. It's been hard moving this thing on craigslist!
Not trying to hijack, but what's your price on that hardtop?
HoofHarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
chschs
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofHarted View Post
Not trying to hijack, but what's your price on that hardtop?
PM inbound!
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
OhMY95yj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Hell, you'd be lucky to get anything from Collins bros for that. Their parts are infused with gold apparently..

Used to piss me off when I loved in North TX. Anything Jeep was astronomically priced due to those yahoos.
Some one had to pay for the Ferrari they are flipping on Fast n Loud
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #14
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMY95yj View Post
Some one had to pay for the Ferrari they are flipping on Fast n Loud
Haha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.