Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Where can i find body mount sleeves

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pwoens 
#1 ·
I need to find some stock body mounts steel sleeves. i called the dealer and they want 12 bucks each (times 11 = alot of money for a little metal sleeve :brickwall ). I'm curious if anyone knows of an online source for these little steel sleeves......im gonna check our sponsors here as well.

Thanks

#2 ·
pwoens said:
I need to find some stock body mounts steel sleeves. i called the dealer and they want 12 bucks each (times 11 = alot of money for a little metal sleeve :brickwall ). I'm curious if anyone knows of an online source for these little steel sleeves......im gonna check our sponsors here as well.

Thanks
Why do you want to cover them?

Check a muffler shop or something like that for thin walled tube, then cut them yourself.

#3 ·
IIRC, they weren't just sleeves. The top portion of the old body mounts have a steel plate that was sandwiched between the rubber bushing and the tub. That steel plate has the sleeve welded to it.

If you have your old mounts, look carefully at them. Otherwise, you will be paying a lot of money to buy new ones.

#4 ·
I went to the yard yesterday and found all of them. Plus I got a few more odds and ends....totalling 37 bucks. Gotta love the yard.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.