where can i buy 6" lifted leaf springs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > where can i buy 6" lifted leaf springs

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #16
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
36's is the largest I would go with sua and even still I'm looking to spring the rear over. Pocket flares are not even an option at this point because the tires will need TJ flares and still some trimming on top of that.

This is what 38's look like on a TJ flared Yj with 6" of lift

Ain't gonna happen.

I added a 1" body lift and still wasn't gonna happen so I went with 36's and cut a lot more. The problem with springing under a larger axle is the diameter takes away from the advertised lift height. You're just going to chase your tail with your goals. Trust me, that's my jeep and I've been down this road. Not to me took the front axle uhsplode when it even sees 38's.

I went with BDS 004500 springs and larger shackles not to mention the metalcloak fenders to barely clear the tires I have up front. Its gonna be a long hard road to get these things to function in tandem. I would suggest you consider going SOA and poking through profiles to get a little more info as to what's gonna work and what isn't.

We are all here to help.
I clear 37s with my 4 inch sua with out a problem and do so with 4 inches of lift, that and I wheel the snot out of it! just saying its do able IMO!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
I clear 37s with my 4 inch sua with out a problem and do so with 4 inches of lift, that and I wheel the snot out of it! just saying its do able IMO!

But the money you spent on your metalcloak fenders negates the need for the extra lift. Hence why I was trying to find another combination of lift and clearance to accommodate the tires.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

But the money you spent on your metalcloak fenders negates the need for the extra lift. Hence why I was trying to find another combination of lift and clearance to accommodate the tires.
Oh got cha, well problem solved then cloak it!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #19
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
Oh got cha, well problem solved then cloak it!

'Cloaks and a 4" lift will be about the same/only slightly more $$$ as a massive 6" set up not to mention it will ride/handle better. Well the fronts anyways, which is all that really matters. Any cutting/flare combination will work in the back. Or flareless and some sort of comp cut

And Zte, not all of us can be as cool as you.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.