where can i buy 6" lifted leaf springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > where can i buy 6" lifted leaf springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Damon1995
1994 YJ Wrangler 

where can i buy 6" lifted leaf springs

i want 6" lifted leaf springs. the only place i can find them is rough country's 6" lift kit. but you have to buy the entire kit. i just want 4, 6" lifted leaf springs. does anybody know where i can buy just leaf springs

Damon1995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Typically, a 6" lift kit will be 5" springs w/1" shackles. One company used to make a 6" mono leaf, but not sure if they still do? BDS makes a great 5" spring that you can buy 'springs only'. Check out their web site.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Custom made springs
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

RE 4.5" springs (Sold separately) and 1" to 1.25 shackles...
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Deaver
Alcan
National Spring

Disclaimer:
I'm not recommending a 6" lift spring - just naming where you can get them.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Why do you think you need 6" springs?
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Let me open the can! Rough Country Has one. Its on my Jeep in the sig. you can get just the springs from Ebay call them and he will sell you what you want. Or he will list the part you want on ebay for you.
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
booboowv77
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Why not just go SOA? You will get a better ride than 6in leaves and you will get a ton of flex. It will cost you more $$$$ but well worth it IMO!
Built not Bought #759
booboowv77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Deaver
Alcan
National Spring

Disclaimer:
I'm not recommending a 6" lift spring - just naming where you can get them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Why do you think you need 6" springs?

Alcans will be about $1200-1300 I had them make some 4.5" springs for my 95 years ago they were great., But I have to agree 6" is crazy with the arch it'll ride rough not flex well. at 6" your better off going SOA , But that opens up a can of worms
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #10
squarelite
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I actually have the skyjacker 6" monoleafs. Not the biggest fan, but they ride great on the road, and flex decently. I have as much uptravel as the soa setups, but downtravel is lacking due to the high arch. Performance on the rocks is very acceptable though. Very stable and predictable. The only reason that I'm not 100% satisfied is the downtravel performance. I've had mine for 7 years of that makes a difference. No sagging or any other issues. The price was extremely right and they were different so I thought I'd give them a try. I'm seriously eyeballing the genright coil/stretch kit though. I'm thinking two years and I'll be ready for it.
squarelite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #11
jagular7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

For short length symmetric springs, anything beyond 3-4" places the springs into such an arch to carry the weight that the arch counteracts the movement of the springs during suspension cycling. If you require that amount of lift, look into longer springs overall to be more effective to carry weight as well as perform. You could look at using Wagoneer springs with shackle relocation, but this will add to wheelbase so ds work may be required.
Or look at SOA setups. Yah, SOA setup requires more work in steering and brake lines, but the effect is greater that large SUA lift. The approach is a better angle and you can use stock, HD stock replacement, or low lift amount springs.

To get the nearly the amount of 6" lift, look at combination of lower lift, longer shackles/relocation of shackle mount, fender flares, and/or small body lift.

Jagular
Lnxa, KS
97 TJ SE lifted, locked and rubbered for fun
94 YJ SE stock, 225s, Trail Tested
jagular7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #12
Damon1995
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
Let me open the can! Rough Country Has one. Its on my Jeep in the sig. you can get just the springs from Ebay call them and he will sell you what you want. Or he will list the part you want on ebay for you.
i looked on ebay and all i can find is 4" leafs. how did you find the 6" leafs? could you possibly find me a link or something. thanks
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #13
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

What size tires are you looking to run? Perhaps we can help out with another lift/clearance combination.
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
Damon1995
1994 YJ Wrangler 

36 - 38's leaning more toward the 38's. i have an 8.8 that i am picking up next week. as of right now not sure what im going to do about the 30. i want 6" leafs with a shackle reversal in the front wich will give about another 1" - 1.5" lift and a 6.5" shackle in the rear. i want to stay sua because soa is like opening a can of worms ya know. and pocket flare to trim out the wheel wells just a bit. what do you think. thanks for your help
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

36's is the largest I would go with sua and even still I'm looking to spring the rear over. Pocket flares are not even an option at this point because the tires will need TJ flares and still some trimming on top of that.

This is what 38's look like on a TJ flared Yj with 6" of lift

Ain't gonna happen.

I added a 1" body lift and still wasn't gonna happen so I went with 36's and cut a lot more. The problem with springing under a larger axle is the diameter takes away from the advertised lift height. You're just going to chase your tail with your goals. Trust me, that's my jeep and I've been down this road. Not to me took the front axle uhsplode when it even sees 38's.

I went with BDS 004500 springs and larger shackles not to mention the metalcloak fenders to barely clear the tires I have up front. Its gonna be a long hard road to get these things to function in tandem. I would suggest you consider going SOA and poking through profiles to get a little more info as to what's gonna work and what isn't.

We are all here to help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.