When to lift during a ground up rebuild? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > When to lift during a ground up rebuild?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
shink
1990 YJ Wrangler 

When to lift during a ground up rebuild?

I'm working on a complete rebuild of a 90 YJ. The tub has just come off and work on the guts is abount to begin. While looking it I was thinking that putting a suspension lift on it will be easier before I put the body back on. Good idea or no? Do I need the weight of the body on the frame at the time of the lift? Thougts?

Unread 03-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
SCRMBLD

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'd put the new springs, steering, brakes, motor mounts, fuel lines & etc on now. Just buy new shocks until you have the body on and know the suspension travel.
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

You can install the lift now. Just don`t tighten the u bolts because you will want the full sprung weight on the axles to set the pinion angles.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.