Wheel cleaning, miracle cures anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wheel cleaning, miracle cures anyone?

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 09-20-2001, 09:39 AM   #1
OhYeah

Wheel cleaning, miracle cures anyone?

Hey there friends,
Well just brought my Jeep up from Atlanta to CT last year and the harsh Winter did a Job on my wheels. They are American Racing baja's polished alloys. Have any of you found a miracle cleaner for this type of wheel. I do not expect to get them back to a mirror shine nor do I care but they really look like **** right now. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2001, 11:28 AM   #2
kanwulf

JMHO Leave them like they are, it's a Jeep.
kanwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2001, 08:05 PM   #3
Rockwall

i have just bought a jeep myself it was in a good shape just the past owner did not take care of it in any way.I had alot of crome and alluminium with lots of rust. I used rust remover in a gel from a company called "Dominio seal ltd." i just got the stuff off the self of a nearby canadian tire.
srubbed it off and voila like a miracle
looks exacly like new.( althought anticipate lost af srubbing and dirty clothes)
Rockwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2001, 11:37 PM   #4
RFWrangler

Well I am still runnin my stockers, heres what I usually do. I get a bottle of Metal polish from the auto section in Wally world. can't think of the name off the top of my head but its a white bottle with a blue label. works on any and all metals. then, If you have some road tar and brake dust or whatever stuck to em, go to your kitchen and get one of those green scratch pads and scrub the wheel. It won't scratch em, I use it on my windsheild too to get the bugs off (the green scrubby). Works great and my wheels look even shinier then they did when I bought the Jeep.
Clarion BD216, RF 200aIV, Clarion APA2030, RF HE2 12's, Rf 4x6's, RF 1" Tweets, Eclipse EUU-1300, Aura Bass Shakers Security: Clifford Power: Optima Yellow top,Thrush turbo 2 1/2" Exhaust, Radio Shack Sport CB, 102" whip antenna, Dual tips on Exhaust, K&N custom intake, KC Lightbar, 4 KC Daylighters.
Scored a 139 on the Jeep Rater.
RFWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2001, 01:12 AM   #5
braveheart98

With a little elbow grease and Mother's Mag Wheel Polish you can get them shining like new. I also had pretty good luck using Semichrome Metal Polishing Paste on aluminum. When you get done shining the wheels remember to put a good coat of wax on them to prevent future oxidization.
Unread 09-21-2001, 08:51 AM   #6
dburton

Try this, It's called DRI WASH'N GUARD premium metal polish this is about the easiest to use with the best results that I have found. Generally only found at tire stores and about $20.00 a bottle but worth it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.