what's the point? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what's the point?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-11-2001, 03:43 PM   #1
byj92

what's the point?

body lift??? i just don't get it....why?

byj92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2001, 04:04 PM   #2
OhYeah

Better approach/departing angles, room for bigger tires and more room to flex, less body to get hung up on rocks, stumps, trees, etc. Those are 4 good reasons. Here are a couple of other conveniences as well: Easier to clean the undercarriage with pressure hose, easier to work on your jeep, that is if you have the 3".

Are you thinking of doing one or just trying to be funny?

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2001, 04:16 PM   #3
OhYeah

Quote:
Originally posted by :
I agree with you, but having the body farther off the ground alone is a benefit on the trail even with a stock suspension. If you drive the trail right and keep your wheels on top of the big stuff you are cool. But if your bumpers are too low, it can be more difficult to get your wheels up on that stuff. Plus when you come over a big rock, alot of time you will come down on your rocker panels and if your rocker panel is higher then the frame, you can come down on the frame which means, less body damage.

But, you are always better off with a suspension lift over the BL because the SL actually increases your overall ground clearance.

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
Unread 12-11-2001, 04:17 PM   #4
OhYeah

Why did big 92 delete his post? Oh well!

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
Unread 12-11-2001, 04:44 PM   #5
dennisuello
1997 TJ Wrangler 

body lift on it's own doesn't give you better approach/departure angles. the frame is not moving anywhere, so the bumpers, suspension components stay where they are too.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.