whats order putting motor back together - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > whats order putting motor back together

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
bck4more
1987 YJ Wrangler 

whats order putting motor back together

So if i can pick a few brains id be thankful. Right now tranny- block-head-valve cover-water pump-termo housing is where im sitting right now so im trying to stay on track without having to back track with removing items. Im thinking exhaust manifold and intake should be next in line. Am i correct. Thanks

bck4more is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bck4more View Post
So if i can pick a few brains id be thankful. Right now tranny- block-head-valve cover-water pump-termo housing is where im sitting right now so im trying to stay on track without having to back track with removing items. Im thinking exhaust manifold and intake should be next in line. Am i correct. Thanks
If this engine is already on it's mounts, I'd say yes hook them up again. If the starter is attached then it is time for some wiring once you have any linkage re-connected at the carb or throttle body. Then hoses/fuel lines.
This order is dependent on how they are all layered.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
bck4more
1987 YJ Wrangler 

motor isnt in jeep yet still hanging in shop.
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
motor isnt in jeep yet still hanging in shop.
You should be able to install the intake/exhaust manifold before dropping the whole chunk in, but with the driver's side clearance does get a bit thin.
Maybe you'll need to remove the lower steering shaft for extra clearance. No sense to breaking anything unnecessarily.

All this depends on what you have the engine 'hanging' off of and what else is not on the YJ. If the grill or radiator is not on the YJ clearance is no problem.

If you have a great engine hoist system that gives you easy control over the whole chunk that is most of the battle.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
bck4more
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm sitting at bare frame right now so there's nothing in the way
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm sitting at bare frame right now so there's nothing in the way
Then your build is a no brainer. Complete it then install it. Nothing is in the way...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.