While not directly related to your initial questions being that this is an LJ we are working on, I hope you don't mind that I post this info here in your thread. If you do mind, let me know & I'll gladly remove it.
Here's what we were working on yesterday. The rear axle is an geared/ARB'd Currie D44.
We removed the fuel tank, removed all the body bolts & raised the rear of the tub off the frame ~6" so that we could grind off the upper coil buckets & re-position them. Plasma'd the lower shock mounts off & ground the axle tubes smooth. Removed the axles, brakes etc because we are flipping the left & right side so that the ebrake system works better. Removed an old screwed up trackbar bracket then drilled & remounted a new Currie rear trackbar mount that swings it forward to give it better clearance. Sliced/frenched the frame for the rear tower and prepped it for welding. Drilled and tapped holes for new rear lower coil retainers.
After some prompting from mrblaine, Frank Currie was nice enough to provide a set of prototype coils for testing on this LJ Jeep. After we finished the front, I took it for a test drive. It drove fantastic.
The new shocks are Fox 2.0 resi's that are ~31" eye to eye, so we cycled the suspension a few times to give us the compressed & droop measurements we needed for when the lowers & towers got welded in.
As you can see - the shocks are not vertical, yet they are about as good as you can get with a coil system and other parameters we were working with.
Coil bucket repositioned. This is NOT my favorite thing to do.
Its a bugger getting a grinder inside the framerails to grind the buckets off.
Bucket and tower welded in. BTW - we needed to use the taller poly towers in this application. The shorter ones are ~1/2" too short.
What this means is extra cutting of the lower portion of the towers so that you don't have a huge tower hanging off the bottom of the frame which would look dorky.
To get a good clean "outboard" fit - we trimmed the inside edge of the lower control arm mount, then positioned it & burned it in.
Passenger side upper coil bucket repositioned:
Looking from under the tub.....driver side tower frenched & welded in:
The LJ we were working on:
Here's a couple pics of how the fronts turned out: