What year are my full hard yj doors? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What year are my full hard yj doors?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #31
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
Here are mine, 1987 Laredo with factory hard top and full doors.
I have a set of full doors from a 92 Renegade that look exactly like that - same door panel and upper pad
Glad to know I got the matching style for my 87!

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #32
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Those doors look nearly identicle to the ones on my 94 YJ (Manufactured in 93). The inner carboard/vinyl trim only goes 3/4 up the inside door and has a chrome trim piece just below the inner door handle
jsipe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #33
Kdeome
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like aside from the few that had the coveted top vinyl piece, 87-94 are all the same?
Kdeome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #34
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Probably. And the top piece came all the way the newer years, my wife's 93 had it on her sahara
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #35
rootdiggler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a guy I met through the forum who pulled all the guts he had from a set of junk doors and is going to send me all the parts I think I need. From the looks of it, his door pieces "look" the same as the ones in my doors that need replacing and as for the pieces that are missing all together, we'll see. I hope it all fits and works. I'll post some pics and let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks again for all your help.
rootdiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #36
Echo5

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootdiggler View Post
Here are a couple of pics. Let me know if there is anything specific you need to see.
The first thing i notice is the direction you pull the outside door handle. I'm not an expert on YJ doors but all I have seen pull the opposite direction of yours. The doors in this picture look like my TJ doors based on the direction the handle opens. Just a thought, maybe someone here could confirm or deny this.
Echo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #37
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo5 View Post
The first thing i notice is the direction you pull the outside door handle. I'm not an expert on YJ doors but all I have seen pull the opposite direction of yours. The doors in this picture look like my TJ doors based on the direction the handle opens. Just a thought, maybe someone here could confirm or deny this.
No, the latch is correct for a YJ.

rootdiggler - your doors are definitely a 94-95 door. Good luck. I destroyed so many interior release levers. I can honestly replace the internals of these doors in the complete dark in a few minutes. Cold air + plastic + my giant muscles... ha ha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.