What year are my full hard yj doors? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What year are my full hard yj doors?

Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-208.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for JeepsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 09-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
rootdiggler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to see this post gaining interest. Yes, that's a knob. These smokers' windows open. Sorry, no panel to pop out. No vin sticker either, that would be too easy. So, obvious question, what year did the opening wing windows stop opening? Does my panel go to the top or not? It has that chrome piece that appears to be for the top of the panel.

rootdiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

What color is your jeep? Yes your panels go to the top or at least as much as mine do and they're oem from 94.

This is mine
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #18
rootdiggler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My jeep is white also, but I bought the doors separate of course. Have a hardtop now too so time to finish up those full doors if I can figure out which parts to order...which brings me here of course! Thanks for everyone's help by the way.
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

See how the panels are only part way up, those are from a sport or a model like that.

Here are mine, 1987 Laredo with factory hard top and full doors.
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #20
rootdiggler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, that is important stuff for when I order my door panels. So, which lock cylinders and inner door handle and lock linkages do I need? Also going to need door pull handles and window cranks. Don't need it but want chrome outer handles too and the other half of the hinge needs to match so throw those in as well and I get the Just Empty Every Pocket thing!!!
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:51 AM   #21
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

it seems you will just have to open the doors up and take pics and match them up.

if they are newer doors, maybe they have the internals from a tj since the 95 models had some change over parts on them
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #22
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think the year only really matters with colors. Jeep didn't use chrome window cranks and external handles on the later ones. Besides the door card change. If anything I'd shoot for the newer parts as it will look fresher. But your hinges are chrome. Your call.

The top hinge on the outside is elongated like the 94-95 jeeps had. They came with the larger side mirrors that mounted on the top hinge. 93 back have the small mirrors.

Honestly I think you can use whatever you want irregardless of year.

Sent from my rotary phone using JeepForum
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #23
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

89 base model vent windows and it had a top panel above the chrome strip. That panel is discontinued and somewhat rare. Mine had chrome paddle handles and chrome vent window trim.

Sent from underneath my Jeep

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #24
rootdiggler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think superj is right. I'm just going to have to take out the part I need to replace, specifically the lock cylinders, and order the one that it appears to be. The inner door handle linkage is a different story. I don't have the original to compare it to, so that might be a guess and check unless someone can correctly identify the year of this door and its mechanisms. Thanks for trying. I hope Matt is correct and new parts will work best. I also think Matt may have hit this one on the head by noticing the elongated hinge. You guys think this is a 94-95 door or do you think those hinges were slapped on by the guy I bought the doors from. I'll ask him and let you guys know.---> I asked and the guy said he assumed they were add on. He said all the factory hinges he has ever seen were painted, but he didn't add them himself. Does anyone know if you could get chrome hinges from the factory in 94-95???

Last edited by rootdiggler; 09-04-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #25
rootdiggler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
What color is your jeep? Yes your panels go to the top or at least as much as mine do and they're oem from 94.

This is mine
Do you have the larger mirrors that attach to the hinge. It looks like the bigger mirror, but I can't really tell from your pic. I really want to say those are the larger mirrors based on the bushing and the sharp corner in the glass. If this is oem 94 and it also has the elongated hinge with attaching side mirror then we may have solved this mystery!
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #26
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 09-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #27
rootdiggler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Yes, those are the larger mirrors and they are attached to the hinge. You say this is oem 94 so perhaps mine are also. Does anyone know the answer to the chrome hinge from the factory in 94-95 yj question? Were chrome hinges available on a factory door for a 94-95 yj?
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #28
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They did sell a chrome trim package. But I'm certain I didn't see chrome hinges. If the doors were earlier, there would be anchor holes or some type of indications where the small mirrors would have been.

Sent from my rotary phone using JeepForum
Unread 09-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #29
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lots of aftermarket chrome accessories available too.
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #30
rootdiggler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so those hinges are definitely not original but I also don't see where a small mirror used to be attached. Also saw a 94 yj with full factory doors that are seemingly identical to the ones I purchased. They had the elongated hinge and larger mirror also. Opening smokers window and tinted glass too. I'm thinking these doors are 93-95 most likely 93-94. Also took a better look at my lock cylinders. They do not have the "leaf" hanging off the end the lock linkage attaches directly to the end of the cylinder onto that "nipple" looking thing <--it's an industry term!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.