What would you do ????? Pic Heavy - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What would you do ????? Pic Heavy

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #16
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

IF you decide to fix it which if you cant weld is NOT an option, you CANNNNNOT 'rivit' a frame together bodypanels meh.....

anyhow check out my thread in mysig... the rust repair one.... see kinda what you in for if you decide to fix it which if you have a frame and body I would not I would swap it

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #17
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

How hard would it be to repair a hole in the frame where the shock mount is on the passenger side is?
Im learning how to weld in metals and have a welder. Its the same hole as the pic above but the shock mount is intact.
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #18
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Dang, and I thought my $1100 heep had alot of holes. At least yours looks better from a distance. I think you should pull the flares and rollbar and start picking the scabs to see how bad it really is, then get a little mig and learn how to use it on the tub repairs... after that use your own judgement on whether you have the skills for the frame repairs.... unless you can get your money back and get a jeep less labor intensive.
Unread 02-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #19
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
How hard would it be to repair a hole in the frame where the shock mount is on the passenger side is?
Im learning how to weld in metals and have a welder. Its the same hole as the pic above but the shock mount is intact.
Thats and easy repair, and probably a good spot for a new welder to try, Practice on scrap first. Cut out the bad to get clean metal and fill it with a new piece... If the shock mount is on solid steel then leave it..If its rotted under the mount then cut the whole mount out and start fresh...
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #20
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
go thru my thread........ the rust u have i had and fixed. same frame spots same seatbelt spot the top is easy, is the rest and add it all up its a big job..

what shadow said, its like an iceberg u only sell 20% of it the rest is hiding start tearing it down see how bad it really is

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #21
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

OK So here is the deal

the guy has a Perfect TJ Tub & Frame With Axles i can get all of it for 700.00

Now the question is ....................

Can i use the YJ Dash and motor/ trans/ transfer case in and on the TJ Stuff ????????
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #22
modfox
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You could

But

It's not a direct bolt in. I believe there is some modification needed.

You will need the TJ doors and top also.
modfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #23
modfox
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The motor and trans will fit fine.
modfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #24
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just got done repairing my tub and it needed quite a bit of work if I did it over I would just replace the tub if you take it apart you will probably find more rust than you think you have now
insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #25
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper View Post

go thru my thread........ the rust u have i had and fixed. same frame spots same seatbelt spot the top is easy, is the rest and add it all up its a big job..

what shadow said, its like an iceberg u only sell 20% of it the rest is hiding start tearing it down see how bad it really is
Iv went over the whole frame with a screw driver and that was the only place it punced through.
So i need to repair that and the rust in my floor pan.
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #26
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I also had no welding skills at one time.

What I did was to pick up a gas mig welder for welding thin body steel. Then went to a salvage yard told them I wanted a scrap car door to practice welding on. They gave me a door no charge.

Spent a little time practicing and started my project. I am still not a good welder but I am good enough to get by and can fix things as I go due to now owning a mig welder. I also picked up a arc welder for $100.00 and oxygen acetylene gas torch for cutting and heating.

I went to a welding shop picked up some scrap metal to learn how to arc weld. Oh yea, I also read the instructions that came with the welder.

From the pics you posted spend the $700.00 on the welder and equipment. You will be far ahead.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #27
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so i got to check over the fame better the other day and its not as bad as i thought SO ill be picking up the new tub this sat but prob will not get to put it on till spring . For now im just patching the holes in the old tub just enough to get it inspected and i rebolted the seatbelt to the roll bar for now
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.