What vehicle to look for to use for swap parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What vehicle to look for to use for swap parts?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 06-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
kbfunTH
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What vehicle to look for to use for swap parts?

If I were to look around for a vehicle that I could buy for dirt cheap that would offer excellent swap parts, like axles, motor, ???, what would be some good choices?

I know a few people that are selling late 70, early 80 model Ford and Chevy trucks.

Acts 4:12
kbfunTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What are you looking at to do? A V8 or keeping some what stock?
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
kbfunTH
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I forgot I posted this.... I haven't figured it all out yet, but when the time comes to swap axles and such, I was just curious what vehicles are common to swap parts from? For example, I know my Uncle has a 70 model Chevy truck that I could probably pick up for a couple hundred dollars. It's running a 350 in it right now sitting on 32 or 33's. There's a couple other vehicles like this in the family that are just sitting off to the side somewhere not doing anything.
Acts 4:12
kbfunTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
CreepyCrawler95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

well if its 3x3 just take the whole power/drive train out and replace yours with it. if you use the axles and keep the 231 youll need to clock it or just use a psd tcase
CreepyCrawler95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
CreepyCrawler95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

hahaha 4x4
CreepyCrawler95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.