What is this top for? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What is this top for?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 05-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
ODB-XK
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What is this top for?

I spent about 20 minuets searching and didn't find anything. I have a soft top and a bikini top but not sure what this top is for. It almost seems like a rain cover maybe? There is no edge to snap into the window channel so I'm confused a little.

ODB-XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

looks like a trail cover to me
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
ODB-XK
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I searched trail cover now and got some pics finally. I'll have to throw it on and see how it fits now.
Unread 05-20-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The 3 black loops are in the back, center one over the spare, side pieces over the tail lights. Grommets on the front, the 2 closest together go over the little studs on the top of the "A" pillar, never figured out what the other 2 lower grommets were for. Should have little loops along the front/bottom of the windshield part, goes over the windshield frame hinges. I have a Bestop Trail Cover, it is a pretty nice item when you're doors off and just running a bikini or topless.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
ODB-XK
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm bringing this for the trails for sure! Not risking my soft top on a tree jumping out in front of me. I'll see how long this takes me to setup I'd like to run my bikini top all summer.
Unread 05-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

When I pulled mine out of the box, I threw it on and had it buttoned down in 10 mins. Then later noticed the directions stuck in the bottom of the box. So it is actually intuitive in the install, and a good product. Even has plastic tabs to go under the side rails above the back rails like the orig soft top has. When I pull it off, I fold it up from both sides, then fold again like a burrito, then roll from an end like a cinnamon bun.
Food references aking me hungry now for some reason.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.