What sounds like the better deal??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What sounds like the better deal???

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 03-02-2002, 05:11 PM   #1
Keymaster

What sounds like the better deal???

I am having a hard time deciding which deal to make. My plan was to upgrade to some 33 inch mud terrains, but because I don't have the cash to buy them new, I'm having to scope the local trading post for whatever I can get. I've found two great deals but I don't know which to take. This is where ya'll come in...here they are: 1. (4) 33 x 12.5 Regal Trailblazer AT's (I think they are a BF Goodrich offbrand) for $200. They have less than a 1000 miles on them. 2. (4) 32 x 11.5 Regal Trailblazer Mud Terrains on (4) 15 x 8 America Racing 767's (Black rims)for $375. These were bought by the guy in October and used for just two months and were pulled off his ride in December and have just been sitting. So, what do ya'll think???

Looking for a YJ!
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2002, 05:29 PM   #2
jeepinarkansas
1982 CJ8 

Go with deal #1. You said it yourself, you want 33's. If you got those 32's you may regret it. By the way, how is that rough country lift?
JAke
jeepinarkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2002, 05:52 PM   #3
Keymaster

I'm loving the lift...it rides great. I haven't had a chance to really try it out because I'm still running with the stock brake lines (don't want to press my luck). The one thing I'm a little worried about with the 33's is the gearing and loss of power (I'm running stock gearing now). And if I buy the tires in deal number 1 I'm gonna have to buy new wheels cause I'm running 15 x 7's right now...OH THE DECISIONS!!!

Looking for a YJ!
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2002, 06:11 PM   #4
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The gearing will be fine. Tons of people have your set up with no complaints. I have heard before the Regals are BFG offbrands. A friend of mine has the Regal M/T's on a fullsize Dodge and after 40K are bald as can be.
Unread 03-03-2002, 01:05 PM   #5
KPOM

I say you get the 33's and I send you a check for those 32's with rims and you send 'em over here.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.