what size tire can i fit???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what size tire can i fit????

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-07-2002, 10:59 AM   #1
tufmar
1998 ZJ 

what size tire can i fit????

Hey everybody, i was wondering the largest size tires i could put on my stock yj?? i think 31's are no problem, but can 32's or 33's fit??? thanks

tufmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2002, 02:07 PM   #2
SBall

On a stock YJ, most people would not run larger than a 30" tire, myself included. You will experience rubbing,and if you go off-road, you will most likely tear up your fender flares and possible even your fenders. And dont forget that your stock springs have probably sagged somewhat since your jeep was built. Your best bet would be to get full length add-a-leafs and run 31's. Any larger tire and you will want a larger suspension lift. Body lifts, while not one of my favorite types of lift, are cheap and easy to install and provide up to 3" of lift. The again, you could always trim your fenders.
Unread 02-07-2002, 07:23 PM   #3
bob91yj

If you're on a budget, the Rancho FULL LENGTH, (not the short ones, they break), add-a-leaf would be a good choice. Put a Daystar 1" body lift on, and you should be able to run 31's without rubbing.
The Daystar body lift is about twice the price of the plastic spacer body lifts, but worth it. It uses poly body mounts that REPLACE your stock rubber mounts. The spacer kits are exactly that a plastic spacer on your old rubber mounts.
You'll have to measure for full compression and full droop to get the right shocks.
Unread 02-10-2002, 01:52 PM   #4
NOVA Jeeper56

ok I was in your shoes. I went ahead and put 31's on a stock sus. and regreted it. Then i invested in a rancho full length 2.5 inch lift with shocks and steering stabilizer and am very happy and rub free. The kit you can pick up for about 300$$ and then you if you have it installed about the same price as the kit.
NOVA Jeeper56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.