What shocks should I run? 4" springs, 1" boomerang shackles, 1" body lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What shocks should I run? 4" springs, 1" boomerang shackles, 1" body lift

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
Dwayne93YJ
Damn YJ...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

What shocks should I run? 4" springs, 1" boomerang shackles, 1" body lift

I am running brand new 4" Skyjacker Military Wrap Springs, 1" (lift) Skyjacker Boomerang Shackles, 1" Body Lift, 35" Tires, and Bushwacker Fender Flares w/ fenders trimmed. What are the best shocks to run considering that this is a daily driver first, off road vehicle second? I have a set of Skyjacker Nitro shocks on it now (about 6 months old), but not sure if I like them or not. Thanks again.

Dwayne

Dwayne93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
veestan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.quadratec.com/advisor/jeep_shocks/

If I'm not mistaken only the suspension lift matters for shocks, I am very happy and so is the wife with the superlift superide shocks.
'01 YZFR6
veestan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am running Bilsteins. Very happy with them. Have been running them around 5 years or so.
The only real way to tell which shock to run is to measure.
The best way is to take the shocks off. Find a buddy that has access to a forklift. Lift each tire up and measure both the articulated tire and the one that is compressed. Do this front and rear. Call shock people and give them the measurements. They should be able to give you a part number for front and rear.
Call vendor and give them the number.
Unread 06-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #4
mdo817
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Summit list the shock length's. I measured mine at full stuff and droop. Added a little to each and it's all good.
1992 YJ, Project In Work,Frame Off Done, Repainted, Herculined Interior, Back on the road.Self Fab'd front/rear bumpers & tire carrie,MM SE9500,lot's of Susp. 1" BDL,BrandonYJ Boomerangs, 33X10.5 BFG M/T, 4.0 AX-15,8.8 LSD,4.10 Gears, ARB Up Front,P/S Rocker Knockers with slider. 90 YJ now turned into a parts Jeep.
2006 WK 4X4, Wifes Ride (Grandkid hauler)
1995 YJ,4.0, AX-15, Bone Stock Wifes Toy
mdo817 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.