what paint to use on hardtop???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what paint to use on hardtop????

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-22-2002, 12:53 PM   #1
jerrys yj

what paint to use on hardtop????

okay im getting a new tub put on my jeep right now(cant wait to get it back!). in getting it repainted and have to repaint the hardtop. it is tan right now but want it black. what kind of paint should i use to get that factory hard top look? email me with suggestions at riceswimmer@aol.com
thanks
jerry

-KC's on the windshild
personal quote:"it didnt look that deep dad, i swear!"(first time stuck in mud)
jerrys yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2002, 04:05 PM   #2
evilpsych

umm.. someone posted a nice thing about what type of paint to use when i was considering refinishing my hard top (it's seen better days)... there is an actual paint but i wonder if high-gloss herculiner would look good as a hard top coating?

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2002, 04:25 PM   #3
Kev
Master of the Obvious

Use roll-on Rustolem on mine - it turned out okay. I did see a Blazer that was painted in Herculiner or something similiar (not just the top, but the whole outfit) and it looked pretty cool!

"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." FDR

Blue Jeep Club Member #4
92 Canyon Blue Wrangler YJ 4.0L - with some fun goodies
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.