what is the most aggressive 33' AT tire for a DD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what is the most aggressive 33' AT tire for a DD

Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineRugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
DAjeep88

what is the most aggressive 33' AT tire for a DD

So I have a 88 jeep wrangler yj and im about to install a Rubicon express 4 inch lift kit. im looking to put the most aggressive looking 33 inch All Terrain tires. This is my Daily Driver and need a to get, if possible, a light weight, long lasting, tire.

What do you guys suggest?
Can you guys post links or pictures? Thanks!

DAjeep88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
ZEEROX1TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Goodyear Duratracs!
ZEEROX1TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
FletchDouglas
2004 WJ 

I'd get either Kelly Safari A/T's I don't have them but my buddy has em. I have 265/70R16 Toyo Open Country A/T II's
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm running Yokohama Geolander AT/S on mine. 31x10.5x15 Nice tread, insanely quite, sick life. I've had them on my wife's Durango for over 2 years (40+k miles) and they still have a solid 1-2 years left on them.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
johnboy68
HIP2BSQR

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would go with these:

https://www.treadwright.com/p-116-28...a-t-b2b-d.aspx

I've had the 31/10.5R15's on my Jeep for over two years and they don't even look worn. They drive very well on the street and off road and you can't beat the price.

As anyone with experience with these "retreads" will tell you, they ain't your daddy's retreads. Also, they now offer new rubber, bead to bead.

These are going on my son's Discovery soon:

https://www.treadwright.com/p-115-28...m-t-b2b-d.aspx

Just my 2c

johnboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
4x4JB
1991 YJ Wrangler 

As far as long lasting the bfg AT and MT are awesome!!
I have the MT 33" on my 3/4 ton gmc and they have no road noise for the aggressive *** tread. It's a hoss in the mud. Beautiful on the road. I have 14k miles on them and they still have the little dingles on the tires. I'd say 95% tread left on them. I'm not easy on them and 90% of the miles are pavement. Hands down will never buy another tire dual purpose. The AT I ran for a long time as well but sucked in any mud. Those lasted 45k miles though. Good luck and hope this helps.

Josh
4x4JB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The Falken ATs that Savvy/Currie ran on their EMC winning LJ look pretty good. Got a buddy looking at them for his CJ he's about to start DDing.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
DAjeep88

Wait so which tire type is better AT or MT tires? I live in Chicago and like I said before it is my daily driver, although I will take it offroading every once in a while but 95 % of the time it will be on pavement, but I do want a very aggressive look
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
915kingwrangler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

go with an all terrain tire like the pro comp or the bf goodrich all terrain, ive had all terrain bg goodrich 33*12.50 and they were great, your almost answering your own question, your saying you want an aggressive tire but your going to be on street most of the time and like 5% offroad so AT would be best for you, although I bought super swamper tsl and they have lasted me 4 yrs and its my dd! pm me for a discount website i found for tires.
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
DAjeep88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 915kingwrangler View Post
go with an all terrain tire like the pro comp or the bf goodrich all terrain, ive had all terrain bg goodrich 33*12.50 and they were great, your almost answering your own question, your saying you want an aggressive tire but your going to be on street most of the time and like 5% offroad so AT would be best for you, although I bought super swamper tsl and they have lasted me 4 yrs and its my dd! pm me for a discount website i found for tires.
Wow really 4yrs! Are they loud?
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAjeep88 View Post
Wow really 4yrs! Are they loud?
Our first YJ had super swampers on it when we got it. They gave me a headache. Replaced them with some Dick Cepek Crushers I got a sick deal on. They were awesome mud tires and seriously aggressive.

When I got tires for this YJ I, I decided that since she'd be on road 90% of the time, that high quality AT's were the way to go. MT's will always be louder then AT's.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy68 View Post
Very interesting. I haven't thought of retreads before, but they could be a good, inexpensive option. I won't need tires for a few years, but I'll definitely keep them in mind. Thanks
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
.... super swamper tsl and they have lasted me 4 yrs and its my dd!
4 years means nothing, I've got a bike in my garage with tires that have lasted 40 years ('73 Suzuki GT380) ... how many miles?
Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
jonmaclean19
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
X2 i had 35 inch procomp on my ram that i bought 2nd hand with 17/32nds on them. beat the hell out of them for over 2 years after the previous owner had done the same thing then sold the truck with those tires to a friend and he got another 2 years out of them. they werent loud and were good self cleaning tires in the mud
jonmaclean19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
DAjeep88

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy68 View Post
I would go with these:

https://www.treadwright.com/p-116-28...a-t-b2b-d.aspx

I've had the 31/10.5R15's on my Jeep for over two years and they don't even look worn. They drive very well on the street and off road and you can't beat the price.

As anyone with experience with these "retreads" will tell you, they ain't your daddy's retreads. Also, they now offer new rubber, bead to bead.

These are going on my son's Discovery soon:

https://www.treadwright.com/p-115-28...m-t-b2b-d.aspx

Just my 2c
The only issue with this is that they dont produce 33 inch tires anymore

Tags
all terrains , daily driver , help needed , tire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.